Position: Data Integrity Specialist
Reports to: Systems Operations Manager
Location: Care Alliance Health Center
EEO Category: Professional
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Shift: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Our mission is to provide high-quality, comprehensive medical and dental care, patient advocacy and related services to people who need them most, regardless of their ability to pay. Caregivers demonstrate a high level of empathy, compassion and profound respect while providing excellence of care to our patients. They serve as advocates for all of those in our Northeast Ohio community, especially the most vulnerable.
The Data Integrity Specialist is responsible for using software programs and other resources to manage the collection and analysis of data at CAHC. Organization-wide focus, working with various program managers and staff on data needs including all aspects of data tracking and management. Responsible for oversight of all data entry activities and maintenance of all program databases and datasets.
- Under the supervision of the Systems Operations Manager/COO, work with Care Alliance staff to implement protocols and procedures for outcomes and data collection for all required organization reports including but not limited to: Quality Improvement, Meaningful Use, Better Health Partnership, Uniform Data System, Patient Centered Medical Home, United Way
- Provide integrity checks of databases for possible errors.
- Review and validate data per established guidelines
- Responsible for program evaluation and analysis of Care Alliance clinical performance, programs and services including implementing data management, running reports and performing data analysis
- Develop and maintain outcomes databases specific to funding requirements and reports
- Participate in the Quality Improvement Committee as directed by the Medical Director
- Assist with the development and implementation of staff systems training programs
- Participate and staff organization-wide committees to provide data needs for Quality Improvement, Meaningful Use, Better Health Partnership, Patient Centered Medical Home
- Program-specific data management and report generation, i.e. Uniform Data System, United Way, and other grant funded programs
- Build and maintain specific databases for Care Alliance’s programs.
- Provide data analysis for various grant applications and reports
- Perform statistical analysis to show effectiveness of Care Alliance clinic performance, programs and services.
- Other responsibilities may include consulting, training, and other supportive services to ensure the quality of data.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, public health other related fields; master’s degree preferred
- MS Health Informatics experience preferred or Graduate certificate in Health Informatics
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience of data analyses, data aggregation and reporting
- Research experience and/or knowledge of outcomes and evaluation
- Knowledge of data computer programs such as EPIC, Clarity, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Excel (medium level), Access, SAS, SPSS, online data management
- Ability to collect and analyze data in a complex environment and develop reports that can be shared with the community at large regarding outcomes of the project
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with other agency personnel in implementing the project
- Good problem solving skills.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, use fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to hazardous conditions.
Care Alliance Locations:
Care Alliance Health Center
St. Clair Clinic
1530 St. Clair Avenue
Carl B. Stoke Social Service Mall
6001 Woodland Avenue
1795 West 25th Street
Central Neighborhood Clinic
2916 Central Avenue
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Care Alliance Health Center to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code 125.111 and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), national origin, disability, age (40 years or more), military status or veteran status is illegal.
Job Type: Full-time
- Data Integrity Specialist: 2 years (Required)