When you join our team as a Cashier, you’ll be responsible for efficiently processing customer purchases while providing excellent service to keep our customers coming back again and again. You’ll also help with keeping the store neat and looking its best, returning misplaced items to shelves, monitoring product inventory and cleaning.
Less than 30 hours/week
$15.20/hour plus a pay increase after the first year of employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines and demonstrates appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers
- Processes customer purchases, performs general cleaning duties, and returns misplaced items to shelves.
- Assist customers with problems or concerns, and contacts management as appropriate to assist.
- Collaborates with team members and communicate relevant information to direct leader.
- Provide feedback to management on all products, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues that could impact productivity.
- Participates in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines and monitoring inventory.
- Complies with all established company policies and procedures while upholding the security and confidentiality of documents and data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to cash policies and procedures to minimize losses.
- Complies with all other established company policies and procedures
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility. • Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
Education and Experience:
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Knowledge of products and services of the company.
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary Term Life Insurance
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
24330 LIBERTY HARVEST COURT, STERLING, VA, USA, 20166