Make a difference in your community! As a field interviewer you will help scientists collect high quality data used to inform policy and improve the world. To thrive in this position you must be comfortable using a laptop, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able establish trust. There is no experience required. We will teach you everything you need to know.
The Panel Study of Income Dynamics (PSID) is a longitudinal survey of several thousand individuals and their families. The main focus is on how family composition and financial factors interact with each other and how they change over time.
Here’s what we get asked most often:
- $20.50 per hour
- $300 after three months of successful production work
- $2/hour differential for certified English/Spanish bilingual interviewers (bilingual not required)
- Most interviews will be conducted over the telephone with local travel to some households to collect self-administered saliva samples
- Paid training, both online and in-person
- Mileage reimbursement for all business travel
- Coaching and mentoring to help you flourish
- You must live within 60 miles of Washington DC area
Excellent candidates will enjoy working with a diverse group of people. You will have control over your schedule, working 25 hours per week with some weekday, evening and weekend shifts required. Interviewers will be trained to read survey questions exactly as written, follow all data collection protocols, including the collection of self-administered saliva samples, and to record data accurately using a laptop computer.
The Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of our communities, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to ground our research in varied disciplines, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $20.50 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- 4 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location