- Bachelor’s degree, high standard of education, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years previous experience implementing and configuring products and technology to solve customer problems
- 2+ years experience working with large scale projects or programs
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Strong problem solving skills – ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action with sustainable solution
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong ability to produce clear and concise verbal/written communication and data presentation (e.g., functional requirements, design specifications, project/program requirements and roadmap, PR/FAQ, status, narratives, OP1/OP2)
- Has ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams and drive detailed discussions and high-level alignment
- Customer obsessed with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations.
- Highly innovative, flexible, and self-directed.
- Results-oriented person with strong organizational skills and focus on delivery.
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to travel
Global IT is a large and growing organization providing support to internal customers and infrastructure. This is all made possible through collaboration with a wide variety of teams from all over the world. Global IT manages a complex suite of technology deployments and is responsible for strategic initiatives that cross business teams and operations groups.
As a Global IT Program Manager, you will lead projects focused on the delivery of GIT Portfolio Management objectives. In this role, you will work closely with the Global IT teams to implement an intake and project portfolio mechanism across the organization. You will be involved in all planning phases to deliver the expected scope, budget and timeline of the effort. The initial focus will be a variety of deployments with significant scope and impact which support many areas of the business.
The ideal candidate has experience in leading large scale projects/programs from initiation through delivery in a technology organization/role. Program Managers blend a mix of business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs with technical constraints. The successful candidate will rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
- Develop and manage IT technology deployments from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, capacity planning, resource allocation, and execution.
- Provide project management and direction to ensure all parties have a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities.
- Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in scope, identify issues, and devising contingency plans.
- Identify and manage dependencies and critical paths.
- Anticipate and mitigate bottlenecks, manage escalations, balance trade-offs, and resolve complex execution and operational issues
- Plan and schedule deployment timelines and milestones using Workfront.
- Track and communicate milestones, deliverables and risks to leadership.
- Define and manage to program Key Performance indicators (KPIs)
- Build and deliver program’s operational and management reports
- Update and develop documentation on processes critical to all stages of the deployment.
- Document functional and design specifications
- Build a deep knowledge of program offerings and operational process workflows
- Help define program strategies, develop program road maps, organize work steams and milestones; gain buy-in across functional and regional leaders
- Present strategic program and customer insights and recommendations to senior leaders across cross-functional team
- Develop trust-based relationships with program’s key stakeholders
- Work with global and regional teams to lead program’s adoption efforts
- Provide ad-hoc support and analysis to senior leaders on strategy documents and research requests.
- Experience with project and portfolio management tool (such as Workfront) to deliver against project plans
- Global Project Management experience
- Exceptional project and program management skills with capacity to manage a large number competing priorities simultaneously and work against deadlines
- Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.