Welcome to Sherwin-Williams
Sherwin-Williams is the largest coatings company in North America, and the third largest in the world. With $11 billion in sales, 4,000+ stores, and 90+ manufacturing and technical centers, we proudly serve customers in over 120 countries. Our 45,000+ employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
This PAID internship for college students offers hands-on experience in a wholesale/retail work environment and can lead to career opportunities in management and/or professional outside sales upon graduation. You will have the opportunity to learn basic store operations, gain management skills, and develop sales techniques and customer service skills, as well as increase knowledge in a variety of key business topics such as profit and loss, inventory control, and human resources. Interns will also be exposed to Sherwin-Williams professionals in a variety of functional areas. You'll gain insight on a career in outside sales by traveling with a Sales Representative and spending structured time with your District Management team.
To join our Intern Program, you must have demonstrated leadership ability, as well as work experience in customer service and/or sales. Bilingual candidates are welcome.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be willing to work all scheduled hours which may include evenings and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forkllift, etc.).
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.