Job Req ID:
This communications specialist works as part of the marketing and communications team in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to assist in the planning and execution of marketing campaigns and prospect management. He/She provide primary oversight for prospect generation and management through the direct marketing and lead generation process. He/She will setup and manage both the creative and analytic processes around prospect generating content and collateral for print and electronic communications including prospect campaigns and third part lead generation sources.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this position will work closely with the leadership of the office, providing foundational insight for recruitment and programs. He/She will demonstrate a balance of strong analytical and project management skills as well as professional writing and creative aptitude.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the office's direct marketing strategy, including working with the technical team to ensure campaigns are launched properly, developing new outreach strategies, and managing analytics to gauge performance.
o Responsible for researching, writing and planning the marketing collateral and strategy: included but not limited to emails, brochures and other fulfillment pieces.
o Working with Central Communications team to create design for pieces; providing recommendation and best practices for direct marketing materials and execution.
o Develop a campaign specific to rising senior prospects and inquiries to build on direct marketing strategy and leads into application generation campaigns.
- Provide quarterly presentation to the Dean and the Director of Marketing and Communications on the progress of active Direct Marketing campaigns and recommendations for future prospect purchases or products.
o Provide a year-end analysis of prospect generation and conversion activity to all directors in undergraduate admissions.
- Set a strategy for all third party lead generation vendors for prospect generation.
o Includes creation of ads, campaigns and visual presence through select vendors.
o Manages vendor partnerships.
o Provides analysis for efficacy and recommendations around continued engagements.
- Work with the directors to set audience specifications for recruitment oriented communications (programs, off-campus events, high school visits, etc.)
- Serve as a liaison to the office's technical team: includes setting up campaigns, data structures and dashboards for analytics and assessing the efficacy of various marketing campaigns.
o Must be comfortable learning baseline reporting functions within a CRM.
- As a member of the marketing and communications team he/she will also provide general copy writing and editorial support.
o Participate in planning and brainstorming sessions with office leadership.
o Edit own work and the work of others, to include re-writing when necessary.
o Support virtual recruitment sessions.
o Fact-checking, grammar-checking, and proofreading, including final approval of proofs to press.
o Ensure a consistent look, message, and branding across all office communications.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related field required.
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities:
- Two years related experience required, preferably in a marketing role.
- Four years related experience preferred.
- Prior experience with direct marketing or admissions recruitment is preferred. Advanced degree may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Proficiency in SLATE or other CRM preferred.
- Demonstrated abilities as a writer are required, conveying complex subject matter to a general audience.
- Must have a strong and demonstrated background in writing for multiple audiences.
- The candidate must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and adept at juggling multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage multiple high-priority assignments and be comfortable collaborating and taking feedback from different constituents across campus.
- Understand the importance of effective communications and be eager to fully understand the admissions cycle as well as best marketing practices in higher education.
- Communicate well with technical staff and other members of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions team.
- Writing samples will be requested.
Communications Specialist - Direct Marketing
Starting Salary Range:
Commensurate with Experience
Homewood Student Affairs
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
For more information and to apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency