Production Worker (70%) CDL Driver (30%)
JW Hicks is a northern Indiana based manufacturing company looking for a multi-talented candidate to act as a Production Worker (70% of the time) and a Driver (30% of the time) in our Knox, IN, location. As a Production Worker, you will perform various labor intensive duties to help create our products. As a Driver, you will pick up materials from suppliers, transfer materials between JWHI plants and vendors and deliver product to customers. We offer rapid company growth and development, merit based compensation, and comprehensive benefits.
*Post-offer pre-work drug testing and physical are required prior to starting work.*
Production Worker (70%) CDL Driver (30%) Job Responsibilities:
- Operate forklifts and overhead cranes to move raw materials, move work in progress, assemble/disassemble molds and ship finished products.
- Batch raw materials in preparation for mixing.
- Operate mixers and add minor ingredients to batched raw materials to prepare mixes for casting or pressing.
- Cast or press product.
- Record and enter data into ERP operating system.
- Prepare samples for quality testing.
- Operate ovens and kilns to dry and fire product.
- Prepare and finish/package product for final shipping.
- Inspect product to assure conformance.
- Maintain raw material and product identification to insure traceability.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Operate forklifts and pallet movers to move, load and unload materials.
- Operate, clean, and maintain company truck to meet company standards.
- Handle paperwork associated with receiving, shipping and transfers between J.W. Hicks locations.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervision.
Production Worker (70%) CDL Driver (30%) Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial driver's license Class A
- Good "hands on" skills with reasonable mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift 50 lbs consistently throughout the shift
- Operate forklifts and pallet movers to move, load and unload materials
- Operate, clean, and maintain company truck to meet company standards
- Handle paperwork associated with receiving, shipping and transfers between J.W. Hicks locations
- Positive attitude, ability and willingness to learn
Production Worker (70%) CDL Driver (30%) Desirable Skills:
- Forklift qualification and forklift maintenance inspection
- Familiarity with rigging and use of lifting devices
- CPR and First Aid training
JW Hicks offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health, Life, Dental Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Company Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Time
- Health Club Reimbursement Program
- Uniforms Provided
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly