Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: New York, NY, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
Empower our News and Publishing partners, such as the New York Times and Conde Nast, to thrive in a digital future by growing their ad and non-ad business and increasing their overall satisfaction with our services and products. Our team’s mission is exceptionally critical given the importance of the function that our News and Publishing partners serve in our society. The transition from print to digital has been difficult for this vertical, and the business that Google’s ad and other solutions provide to our partners enables them to continue to do the kind of quality reporting and investigative journalism that is so important to the checks and balances a free press provides on both a local and national level in the US.
In this critical position, you will drive efforts amidst a rapidly changing landscape. Your knowledge of programmatic buying/selling ecosystem, combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities, shapes how new and existing businesses grow. You leverage your entrepreneurial drive to target, educate and persuade new customers to embrace Google's latest products and technologies. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You know your clients’ business goals and strategies inside and out.
Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The team partners with Publishers and App Developers of all sizes to promote their ad inventory, working with Google's broad range of partner solutions including AdSense, AdMob and Google Ad Manager, across mobile, display, and video formats, helping our partners and their audiences get the most out of the web. In addition, the Partnerships team supports Google’s own product teams with essential partnerships to help power Google’s user experiences in search, maps, travel, shopping, payments and more.
- Understand full scope of a publisher partner business including inventory trends, direct and indirect channel priorities, competitors used; understand how monetization fits into larger business strategy.
- Expand Google’s business by identifying new inventory and business products to support the partner’s business growth.
- Analyze performance and present findings to key clients, influencing partner strategy by highlighting key opportunities to increase yield through product usage; identify opportunities to add new/emerging channels (e.g., mobile and video) to product mix; bring data-driven insights to support recommendations.
- Optimize usage of Google’s business suite in consultation with partners based on performance analysis (e.g., block list management, CPM thresholds, ad positioning); develop frameworks to evaluate success of implemented optimizations.
- Drive Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with executives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of work experience with customer, account or partner management at an Internet company.
- Broad understanding of the online advertising (i.e. ad serving, programmatic) and of key platforms and trends (i.e. desktop, mobile, video).
- Demonstrated partner relations, account management, and sales skills.
- Detail oriented analytical ability, including the ability to understand monetization metrics and apply these to potential optimizations.
- Comfortable with team-based selling approach. Self-motivated individual that thrives in a rapidly changing and high visibility industry.
- Excellent communication, presentation, project and partner management.
- Consultative and strategic approach to partnerships.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.