This employee is responsible for providing clerical support to school librarians.
An employee in this class performs clerical work to assist the librarians and encourage library use. This employee provides assistance in processing library materials, circulating resources, and locating materials for students and staff. All important aspects of the work are subject to detailed and specific procedures which the employee follows closely. Employee performs related work as required.
Graduation from high school and some general secretarial training and/or experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of word processing, data entry, and on-line searching
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Understanding of library operations and general secretarial skills
- Knowledge of library cataloging systems
- Ability to compose routine memoranda and letters from general instructions
- Ability to maintain clerical and financial records and prepare routine reports
- Ability to operate a word processor and standard office equipment with extreme accuracy and speed
Classified Salary Scale , Level 9
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and to the provision of equity in its educational programs, services and activities for all students and employees.
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, or genetic information in employment or in its programs and activities. LCPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148