NASA Johnson Space Center - Houston, TX
JOB DESCRIPTION - Network Security Specialist
- Conduct network security audits.
- Develop and maintain network security plans.
- Work with the vendors to establish network security plans and verify compliance.
- Perform IT Security impact assessments.
- Support IT Security incident investigation and resolution.
- Ensure users and systems comply with scanning of IT devices per government, NASA wide, and NASA JSC specific requirements.
- Ensure findings in the security assessment report are addressed and closed through remediation or risk assessment.
- Run vulnerability scans.
- Install software security patches as necessary.
- Maintain Network Diagrams.
- Maintain Firewall rules.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Assist hardware engineers with integrating and troubleshooting IT systems.
- Coordinate with external organizations to perform security remediation.
- Successfully operate in a highly dynamic simulations engineering environment with a team of engineers working to rapidly develop spacecraft avionic systems.
- Strong customer focus, highly effective communication skills, and the ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing engineering environment with demanding customers on a compressed schedule.
- Perform other duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS - Network Security Specialist
Minimum of Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Year(s) of Experience:
2+ years of related experience
Qualifications, Skills and Traits:
Other Desired Skills:
- Network security experience within the last 2 years, including:
- IT Security
- Linux/Unix System Administration
- Experience with switches, topology design, failover, management and accounting for IP addresses and network utilization.
- IT Security planning.
- IT Security auditing.
- Familiarity with network security requirements.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and coordination skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Familiarity with NASA network security requirements such as NPR2810.1A ‘Security of Information Technology'
- Avionic network systems
- IT Security vulnerability scanning
- IT system maintenance (disabling services, effective countermeasures, intrusion detection, firewall configuration, etc.).
- IT hardware and software integration.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the QTS is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. QTS hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. QTS believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.