EDG, an internationally recognized interior architecture and design firm, creates innovative hospitality environments worldwide. From Bali to Brazil, Riyadh to San Diego, EDG focuses on strategic solutions that meet business goals while surpassing guest expectations. Our Marin County Headquarters was named one of the “Five Coolest Bay Area Offices” by San Francisco Business Times and has been featured in Interior Design Magazine. We also have offices in Dallas and Singapore.
We are committed to pushing the boundaries of excellence and creativity and are looking for some new team members to work in our Novato, CA office and who share our vision and values. We would like to talk to you if you are passionate about design, hardworking yet fun to be around, talented, ambitious, and courageous with your creativity and dedication.
- Interior Design or Architecture Degree from an accredited university
- Hospitality experience is a big plus
- Develop and implement creative solutions with a focus on innovation and quality
- Proficient use of AutoCAD, InDesign, and Photoshop for appropriate level of design responsibilities
- Strong design skills and understanding of interiors and a keen sense of how elements work together aesthetically and conceptually
- The ability to visualize and design three-dimensional environments and can communicate ideas verbally and visually
- Very strong sense of style, color, materials, and scale
- Experienced with the selection and specification of appropriate materials and finishes to achieve key design goals; an awareness of current trends in interior design
- A great team player; strong problem solving skills; and attention to detail; ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be motivated; self-starter; take direction and performance feedback well; with the ability to solve design issues both individually and collaboratively.
- In addition, a passion for food and dining is very desirable
- 8+ years of extensive experience in all phases of interior design, including substantial and varied experience involving responsible planning of complex interior design projects.
- CCIDC, NCIDQ, NCARB, ASID, AIA or comparable license or certification required.
- Substantial experience in establishing and monitoring development of interior design direction, quality control and staffing schedules for projects.
- Substantial experience directing and collaborating with Project Managers and/or Principals on interior projects throughout the design development, construction documentation and supervision phases.
- Substantial experience with applications of industry technology, interior design materials and construction methods.
- Directly responsible for driving, participating and managing mentoring and performance management initiatives with demonstrated results.
- Demonstrated key player in driving company culture and firm initiatives including regular participation in scheduled meetings, workshops, and retreats to support organizational success in these areas.
- Demonstrated ability to manage design teams with minimal supervision and within project deadlines and fees.
- Demonstrated participation in marketing the firm to generate additional and new business.
- Ability to travel to domestic and internationally to client and project sites
This is a growth opportunity. We are looking for someone with the capability to advance in knowledge and responsibility. Our expertise is earned, and we offer a great learning environment. You will be challenged and inspired - and never be bored.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits and a great working environment including a 9/8/80 alternate schedule with every other Friday off.
Visit us at www.edgdesign.com
Please email us your cover letter, resume and a portfolio sample of your work in PDF format
Only PDF and Word documents will be accepted.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
All emails must have "Senior Interior Designer -- YOUR NAME" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Interior Design: 8 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)