Are you a problem solver? Have you worked hard to build your automotive experience, education and industry knowledge but want the freedom of being on your own? Now it is time to put those skills to work! At Midnight Speed & Sound we offer the most competitive development program in the industry designed with one thing in mind…YOU! Whether it’s the opportunity to work with the widest variety of vehicles, or leverage our comprehensive ASE certification and training program you’ll have no trouble finding something to love about growing your career with Midnight Speed & Sound.
- Diagnose and repair to manufacture specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include customers and commercial representatives.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities if dispatched to locations as an assistant.
- Keep shop management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintain an organized/neat and safe service truck.
- Adhere to all company policy, procedure, safety and environmental rules.
- A High School Diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of strong automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem-solving and repair experience. (Professional Training will provide two year credit - 3 years experience required)
- Pass the G1 (General Service) ASE within 60 days of employment.
- High level of motivation, energy and a customer-focused attitude.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a maximum of 2 points and zero accidents.
- Pre-employment drug test/physical/ background check will help assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve customer needs.
- $18/Flat Rate Hour plus commissions on service and parts
- 90 Day performance review to evaluate pay, skill set and adjust pay accordingly
- Performance review every 6 months
- Safety bonuses
- Paid ASE tests upon receiving a passing grade
- In-House training classes
- 401k Plan
If you meet the qualifications listed above, possess a can do attitude and have a desire to progress in your career with the automotive service industry leader who puts their mechanics / auto technicians first, please apply today!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Automotive Technician: 5 years (Required)
- EPA 609 (Preferred)
- ASE Certification (Preferred)