REPORTS TO : Executive Director, Temple Emanu-El
SUMMARY : Provide administrative and staff support to the general Temple Emanu-El organizational operations including being the primary provider of clergy support. This individual will provide all necessary organizational support and is responsible for a variety of tasks.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE but are not limited to :
- Greet and direct office visitors and answer main office telephone system.
- Ensure the order and cleanliness of the office.
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail and coordinate outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
- Track donations and write timely acknowledgements.
- Assist with preparation of Friday night service materials including challah and oneg preparation
- Maintain office supplies and computer software, ordering as necessary.
- Perform general office duties such as typing, copying, filing, mailing, faxing, etc.
- Maintain and update member database (CiviCRM database).
- Log and Acknowledge all donations.
- Assist in preparation of materials for the board of trustees.
- Support meetings (e.g., scheduling facilities, coordinating logistics).
- Provide significant support during High Holidays, including timelines, flyers, ticket processing, manage volunteers, and help with set up and clean up.
- Provide clergy support including scheduling, copying, filing and compiling service and event materials.
- Seamlessly collaborate with Temple auxiliaries (Membership, Caring, Fundraising, etc.) to ensure the successfulness of their events.
- Answer membership related questions; assist with the recruitment and retention of members. Help with yearly membership renewal process.
- Perform other tasks as needed -- with a sense of humor and team spirit!
- Minimum three years office administrative support experience.
- Understanding of Judaism, basic Hebrew, Jewish practices and terminology preferred.
- Warm, welcoming, personable and flexible
- Enthusiastic about meeting the challenges of working with staff, clergy, board of trustees and congregants.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working under pressure.
- References required.
- Must have experience working with MS Word, mail merge, Google Apps, and Excel. Database management experience a plus (specifically CiviCRM-based systems).
Excellent benefits, including health insurance, vacation, sick leave and generous holiday schedules.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour