Mechanical knowledge of equipment and process is needed to troubleshoot and make quick educated decisions for the well-being of the plant and production. Support Safe Feed Safe Food (SFSF) and Quality Systems Certifications.
Responsibilities, Skills & Experience
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Familiar with equipment capacity and load capabilities of dryer related material handling equipment on stone, dust, milling, and material handling systems.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring equipment and flow of material into the plant dryer. Responsible for the monitoring of operations of the plant Ball Mills and Roller Mill.
- Assist in resolving production issues, troubleshooting, and adapt to changing conditions.
- Perform miscellaneous duties such as removal of blockages, choked screws, elevators and conveyors.
- Check in/out and load customer trucks for outbound delivery.
- Perform light maintenance functions on process equipment as needed.
- Perform all pre-shift inspections, run testing on all plant samples and truck samples.
- Silo inventory measurements.
- Ensure that different product types are distributed into the appropriate bins. Maintenance
- Clean bins, conveyers, spills, and help clean out material from under conveyers and catwalks, and other cleaning duties as needed.
- Perform pre-start maintenance on dryer, plant processes and mills.
(SQF) Safe Quality Feed
- Perform all work assigned in a neat and orderly manner adhering to company and governmental safety rules and regulations including company lock out tag out procedures.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment including haul truck, skid steer loader, utility wheel loader, man-lift, and forklift in a safe manner.
- Assist with training of new employees and/or equipment
- Cross train in other production areas as needed..
- All personnel will be responsible for the facilities’ Safe Food initiative based on FSMA and Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Industrial background with good troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment is desired.
- Knowledgeable of current environmental regulations and practices as they relate to the minerals industry.
- Must be able perform basic mathematical computations.
- Self-Motivated and must be able to work independently.
- Good decision making skills regarding safety.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as work orders, safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
Required Education: High School Diploma, GED Equivalent, or demonstrated skills or ability.
For this position, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.