Beacon Promotions, Inc. is a leader in the promotional products industry, and has a great opportunity for someone to join our Warehouse team!
This position receives, stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing
- Read work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via Visual.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. General Warehouse hours are Monday – Friday between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, but may vary slightly and can potentially include overtime and Saturdays depending on season and workload.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license. The most current will be kept on file.
Candidate may be required to take a math, number and inventory test.
Preferred Education and Experience
One year of prior warehouse clerk experience.
Fork Lift Certified.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.