Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Instructors (TAM's) will train foreign military students in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to produce qualified technicians in their assigned specialties who are able to maintain aircraft systems, subsystems, support equipment, and/or provide logistics support and expertise with little or no supervision. Training shall provide students specialty Upgrade Training to elevate skills from 3-level to 5-level, 5-level to 7-level, on F-15SA aircraft, GE engines, and associated support services for the following specialty: Tactical Aircraft Maintenance
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Services aircraft. Performs end-of-runway, post-flight, pre-flight, thru-flight, special inspections and phase inspections. Performs sortie generation operations and hot pit refuels. Advises on problems maintaining, servicing, and inspecting aircraft and related aerospace equipment. Uses conventional or automated technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems. Interprets and advises on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment.
- Troubleshoots and maintains aircraft engines, hydraulics, and other related systems, structures, components, and related equipment. Removes and installs aircraft and engine components. Conducts functional tests of repaired engines, components, and systems. Adjusts, aligns, and rigs aircraft systems. Supervises and performs aircraft jacking, lifting, and towing operations.
- Inspects aircraft structures, engines, systems, components, and related systems. Supervises and performs aircraft, engine and component inspections. Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective actions. Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation, and operation. Inspects and operates powered and non-powered aerospace ground equipment. Inspects and identifies aircraft corrosion for prevention and repair. Reviews maintenance forms, aircraft records, automated maintenance data systems, and historical reports to ensure complete documentation. Inventories and maintains aircraft equipment.
Required Educational/Skills Background:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience.
- Must possess 7-level craftsman experience level as an F-15 crew chief.
- Previous instructor qualification highly desired.
End of Service Award
Government Processing Fees
Job Type: Full-time