Jimbo's is San Diego's premier natural foods grocer with stores in Del Mar/Carmel Valley, Escondido, Carlsbad and 4S Ranch. We specialize in providing the highest quality organic and natural foods available. We also focus on creating a great place to work by providing a positive, friendly supportive and caring work environment, competitive compensation, benefit and retirement programs, and by continually recognizing our employees, while motivating and encouraging them to strive for excellence. For more information or to apply with Jimbo's please visit our website at www.jimbos.com.
We are looking for a candidate to join our Prepared Food/Kitchen Leadership Team! The candidate must be able to provide Jimbo’s customers with quality food prepared in a clean environment by ensuring that all products used meet the standards and guidelines of the store, and to lead and support the Kitchen/Counter staff in serving our customers in accordance with the Customer Service Standards. To supervise the Kitchen staff and act as a support for the Kitchen/Deli Manager.
- Perform all Kitchen duties as well as additional supervisory duties listed below.
- Proactively assist customers within the guidelines outlined in our Customer Service Standards and ensure that the Deli Counter Staff are doing the same.
- Represent Jimbo’s and store management, assume ownership of Kitchen operations and represent Jimbo’s in the absence of Kitchen management.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment according to Health Department regulations.
- Assist with key human resource functions by enforcing all store/department policies, minimizing overtime, training new employees, monitoring staff breaks, and completing documentation in a timely manner (i.e. one on one meeting, feedback for performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations).
- Supervise duties of Kitchen staff, including minimizing overtime, monitoring staff breaks and keeping staff productive during slow periods.
- Assist Kitchen Manager in department development and succession training.
- Assist Kitchen Manager with inventory and ordering, and in the proper recording of in-store purchases.
- Monitor credits, spoilage and shrink through effective organization, rotation and follow through.
- Ensure all products meet quality standards through proper labeling, rotation, cleanliness, sanitation, and hygiene, and by only selling fresh product.
- Oversee special orders to ensure they are taken care of appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate concerns, suggestions, feedback and ideas to the Kitchen Manager and/or Director of Food Service.
- Able to create daily production sheets and delegate jobs to Cook I and Cook II according to skill level.
- Ensure that the hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dishes.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in clean working order and alert management of any malfunction before it affect the efficiencies of the kitchen.
- Assist other team members in achieving the goals of the department and the store.
- Know store layout/product location to refer the customer to the appropriate aisle when asked.
- Maintain clean and neat appearance in compliance with Dress Code policy.
- Adhere to and enforce all Kitchen and store policies as outlined by the Kitchen Management, Staff Member Handbook, and Injury an Illness Prevention
- Previous food service experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Leadership and team-building skills with the ability to coach, motivate, supervise, delegate, and constructively address performance issues.
- Capable of handling several tasks at once.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce Department of Health regulations, and obtain a Food Handler’s Certificate within 10 days of employment.
- Understand the importance of the handling of allergen containing products.
- Ability to travel and/or transfer to other store locations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs throughout any assigned shift unassisted.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on a step stool/ladder.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to sustain repetitive arm and hand motion.
- Ability to work under a variety of conditions and temperatures, wet and dry, for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work safely around kitchen machinery and sharp knives.
* This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
This position description is subject to revision at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.75 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place