Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Nurse Manager / Registered Nurse – Recovery Care Unit. This position will work 7:00 am – 3:30 pm and is eligible for State Benefits.
**This position requires a valid Georgia License and/or Nurse Licensure Compact Multi-State License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in Georgia.
***Georgia Regional Hospital at Savannah is eligible for the Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA) Nurse Corps Scholarship Program.
For more information, go to:
Georgia Regional Hospital – Savannah (GRHS) operates 180 licensed, accredited inpatient beds for two major program areas: 1) adult mental health, 2) adult forensic services.
GRHS offers inpatient adult mental health services, inpatient habilitation services and forensic program services to a catchment area of approximately 45 Georgia counties.
- Vacation - 15 days each year up to 5 years of service; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 + years of service
- Sick Leave – accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
- Holidays – the state of Georgia recognizes 12 paid holidays
- Retirement - 401(k) with a matching employer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Available Insurance – Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & Dependent Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Healthcare & Childcare
Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer
Plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for a unit or shift. Ensures that staff assess client health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Oversees the provision and quality of nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled clients. Advises clients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management.
- Supervises and plans work of assigned staff
- Interviews and selects new hires and ensures new hires are properly trained
- Administers prescribed medications, and notes times and amounts on individuals’ charts
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care plans
- Modifies treatment plans as indicated by responses from the individuals and their conditions
- Monitors all aspects of the individuals’ care, including diet and physical activity
- Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in the individuals’ conditions
- Observes nurses and visits individuals to ensure that proper nursing care is provided
- Provides education to individuals and their families
- Provides health care, first aid, and assistance in convalescence and rehabilitation
- Participates in committees and special projects as assigned
**You may log on to Team Georgia for status of your application. If selected for phone screening, you will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our agency.
***We reserve the right to remove postings at any time.
FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Master's degree in nursing, nursing administration, public health or directly related field from an accredited college or university AND One year in an administrative or supervisory capacity AND current Georgia license as a Registered Professional Nurse OR Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university AND Four years of experience as Registered Nurse, Two years of which in an administrative or supervisory capacity AND current Georgia license as a Registered Professional Nurse OR Eight years of experience as a Registered Nurse, Two years of which in an environment related to the area of assignment, Three years of which as a supervisor AND current Georgia license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
Preferred Qualifications - External:
**This position requires a valid Georgia License and/or Nurse Licensure Compact to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in Georgia.
- BSN with at least 4 years’ experience as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Hospital supervisory experience of no less than 2 years and 10 employees.
- Experience in a Mental Health facility of no less than 2 years.
- Experience in the use of MicroSoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and implementation of change processes.