Title: Compliance Intern/Legal Assistant
About Direct Access USA LLC
Direct Access USA LLC (DAUS) is a Delaware limited liability company and was organized on August 23, 2016. The Company is registered as a Futures Commission Merchant (“FCM”) with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (“CFTC”) and is a member of the National Futures Association. The Company is a clearing member of all CME Group Inc exchanges including the Chicago Board of Trade, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, the New York Mercantile Exchange, and the COMEX.
DAUS is a wholly owned subsidiary of DA International Financial Services Limited (DAHK) that is a Hong Kong registered FCM regulated by the Securities & Futures Commission of Hong Kong. Collectively, the Direct Access group of financial institutions provide global brokerage services for various products including securities, futures, options and other financial products.
This is an unpaid 3-month internship program where the successful candidate will report directly to CCO. and A successful candidate will be considered for a full-time junior compliance officer position following the completion of the internship. The full-time position could include will H1B Sponsorship if necessary.
Position Summary: We are looking for dependable, detail-oriented compliance intern with excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills. The compliance intern can expect to assist the CCO, assist in the developing and monitoring of firm compliance policies and procedures, and gain an understanding of the financial derivatives industry.
A successful candidate must understand the importance of confidentiality, stay current on industry rule and regulatory updates, and have strong written and oral communication skills. This internship will provide training designed to enable the passing of Series 3 licensing as well as courses on cybersecurity, anti-money laundering, ethics and customer protection.
- Assist in the monitoring of the firm’s various compliance programs and initiatives
- Perform compliance research for ad – hoc projects
- Perform analytical analysis of compliance risks, issues and functions
- Assist with audits of Anti Money Laundering Program, Risk Management Program, and other annual audits
- Log and coordinate responses to record requests from regulators
- Draft, prepare, review, proof – read, and update legal agreements
- Conduct legal search, analysis and provide legal and compliance support relating to USA laws.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Some interest in finance and law ideally with a technology related focus)
- Excellent Communication and problem-solving skills
- High proficiency with MS Office
- Able to work independently
- Mandarin Chinese speaker preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment