The global leader in digital services and technology for content creation and delivery, Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences, for more than 100 years.
Deluxe Creative companies house the world’s top talent. Deluxe Delivery enables content creators and providers to get their content to the world – in any format. With headquarters in Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, Deluxe relies on 8,000 of the industry’s premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Our company values are:
- Be Pioneers – We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity
- Pursue Diversity – Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business
- Act with Integrity – We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company
- Take Ownership – We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company
- Collaborate – Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support
- Exceed Expectations – We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations
About Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema
Our Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema group is hiring outstanding software professionals to join us in developing and delivering next generation digital cinema system based on DCI. Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema is a global leader in the development of end-to-end distribution technology and support services for the delivery of digital cinema to theaters worldwide. We provide a complete range of capabilities to serve the emerging digital distribution needs for the motion picture industry based on an open standard that covers all of the stages for taking a movie from a studio master to a theater’s digital projection system. This includes compressing, encrypting, and transferring the master onto a deliverable media, delivering the content to the theater – for storage scheduling and playback, and installation and service of digital cinema playback systems.
We currently have an opening for a Junior Software Developer. Successful candidates must have an application development background coupled with the ability to spot problematic areas, analyze solutions, propose resolutions and direct their implementation.
This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
- Working with an agile team to develop, test, and maintain applications built on Microsoft and Open Source technologies.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Working with teammates in the migration of older applications to current technologies.
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or related major
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with one or more object-oriented or functional, high level programming languages (e.g. C#, Python).
- Detail oriented and ability to work under pressure and short timelines
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company: http://www.bydeluxe.com. NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.