Job Title: Continuous Improvement Leader
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Magnolia, AR
The Continuous Improvement Leader is responsible for leading the facility’s continuous improvement effort through the engagement of all associates. They are responsible for championing, developing and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement throughout the facility. This individual must champion the utilization of core Lean principles and methodologies while coaching and mentoring plant leadership for sustainability. The CI Manager’s influence should positively influence performance in safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the COO; develop and own the CI Plan for the facility
- Drive the implementation and sustainment of Standard Work, Visual Management, 5S, Kanban, Line Balancing, Process Flow, TPM, OEE, and other lean tools to improve all aspects of the Business
- Lead, Participate and provide training and mentoring for area owners and floor level associates on Standard Work, Visual Management, 5S, Kanban, Kaizen and all other lean tools
- Partner with Department Leaders to develop Continuous Improvement strategies that close key business gaps
- Facilitate kaizens and focused C.I. events to implement improvement strategies on all shifts working closely with Manufacturing Supervisors and Operator.
- Support building a Lean culture by providing training and coaching to all Team Members on Lean theories, methodologies, and standards, with an emphasis on “Learn by Doing”. Utilize Train-the-Trainer techniques to transfer knowledge to department resources to enable self-sufficiency to launch future Lean improvements
- Coach line leaders to implement key Lean systems such as: Daily Management, Performance Management, Root-Cause Problem Solving, VSM, TPM, 5S, Standardized Work, and Leader Standard Work.
- Utilize Lean principles and Best Practices to establish new work standards for Machines, Processes, and People, to generate productivity savings, improve quality, and increase OTD.
- Deploy TPM strategies and standards to improve equipment reliability, with initial focus on critical or bottleneck equipment and with major focus on first pass quality
- Develop metrics and dashboard measures that enable the entire plant population to understand key performance indicators and business gaps and take necessary actions to improve results
- Network with other lean professionals to identify and implement best practices from other industry’s
- Promotes the adoption of best practices and technology across functional areas
- Develop and Lead implementation of employee engagement teams to support lean initiatives
- Utilize project management tools (A3s, etc.) to drive the completion of process improvement objectives impacting safety, quality, delivery, and cost deliverables.
- Coach and drive accountability for individuals throughout the lifecycle of process improvement activities
- Monitors performance to standard work throughout operations, including shop floor and office 5S, daily Gemba adherence
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering /Operations - Preferred
- MUST HAVE Minimum 1 years’ experience in Lean Manufacturing concepts and implementation within a plant manufacturing environment
Skills & Knowledge:
Experience in improving business operations through implementation of lean manufacturing systems while being a recognized subject matter expert in Lean Manufacturing Systems, including Kaizen methodology, Daily Management, 5S, SMED, Visual Management, Problem Solving, A3 Thinking, Leveling, Pull System, etc.
- Excellent organization, planning, and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience in leading kaizen activities.
- Possesses excellent teaching capability
- Excellent Written Communication Skills
- Strong statistical skills
- Strong Presentation skills along with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Highly approachable with good interpersonal and leadership skills that encourage and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to work without close supervision and maintain high level of motivation and overall plant morale.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused