The Greeley Company, LLC is a highly regarded professional services organization with 30+ years of history partnering with hospitals and healthcare organizations nationwide. Within our Interim Staffing Services we are able to react quickly to the critical and urgent needs for quality medical staff service professionals who are trained and experienced providing support to our clients.
Currently our Interim Staffing Services team is recruiting for experienced Credentialing Specialists/Coordinators to join our organization as independent contractors (1099) supporting the Medical Staff Services Departments for our clients located nationwide. If you are interested in becoming an interim Credentialing Specialist/Coordinator for our organization we guarantee you will find it exciting and rewarding.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform administrative and technical duties to support the credentialing functions of initial appointment, reappointment, the granting of clinical privileges, and maintenance of expirables in accordance with hospital medical staff bylaws and credentialing policies and procedures utilizing various credentialing software systems.
- Work to ensure that timely and accurate initial and reappointment applications are presented to the Department Chairs, Credentials Committee, and Medical Executive Committee for review
- Populate, maintain, and update credentialing software utilized by the organization ( Priv Plus, Cactus, ECHO, MD Staff, and Intellicred) maintaining accountability for and the integrity of credentialing information entered into the credentialing data tracking system
- Identify, investigate, report, track, and follow-up on all potentially adverse information received from credentialing sources in accordance with the established guidelines and hospital credentialing policies and procedures
- Communicate appointment, reappointment, clinical privileging decisions and changes to any external and internal parties as directed in accordance with credentialing policies and procedures
- Perform meeting support activities including agenda preparation, recording and transcribing accurate meeting minutes, and follow-up as appropriate (coordinators)
- Assist in developing reports for meetings, including the credentials report for presentation to the Credentials Committee, Medical Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- 3+ years of experience within Medical Staff Services as credentialing/privileging specialist/coordinator
- 3+ years of experience within in-patient hospital environment
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and accreditation standards (i.e. TJC, NCQA and CMS)
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, strong organizational and time management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred.
- CPCS, CPMSM certification preferred
- Proficiency and recent experience with various credentialing software systems (including Cactus, Priv-Plus, MDStaff, MSOW, etc.)
Job Type: Contract