Company: Enriched Schools
Role: Part-time, Full-time Teachers (various grades and subjects)
Location: New Orleans, LA
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Required Experience: 2 years
About Enriched Schools: Enriched is an education talent hub that connects great people to great schools. We help our diverse community of educators in New Orleans find part and full-time jobs within our 25+ partner schools.
What are the qualifications?
- 2 or more years of classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting preferred
- Demonstrated success raising student achievement
- Proven leadership accomplishments in creative and/or professional settings
- Belief that all children deserve a quality education and can achieve at the highest levels
- Humility and openness to feedback
What qualities are you looking for in an educator? We look for those with F.I.R.E.
- Flexible and adaptable: you improvise and are up for anything, including quickly adjusting plans on the fly and jumping right in to help the team
- Influence and motivate others: you have excellent classroom management and quickly build strong, authentic rapport with students
- Reliably professional: you are early, have a positive attitude and represent yourself and Enriched with the highest levels integrity
- Execute with excellence: you are an effective teacher that can deliver a lesson plan, whether yours or a pre-existing one, with strong pacing and urgency, differentiation and high levels of student engagement
A talent for communicating with students and encouraging academic achievement is essential. Teaching requires patience, creativity, and a knack for organization and multi-tasking. Common job duties include:
- Create a positive educational environment for students to learn in.
- Create instructional resources and lesson plans, integrating competencies, goals, and objectives, and deliver instructional activities.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Grade assignments and maintain grade books.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance, and meet course and school-wide performance goals.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Counsel, confer with, and communicate with parents and school/district personnel regarding student progress.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity: We believe that we have a responsibility to recruit, attract, select, retain, develop and reward a diverse and talented team. We encourage leaders of all backgrounds to apply for this position. Enriched Schools does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender or gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply, please fill out our online interest survey: bit.ly/enrichedteam
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract