Provide subject matter expertise support for development of cyber security policy.
Participate in projects as a representative within a functional, technical or industry area of expertise.
Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client awareness.
Evaluate and provide recommendations on cybersecurity control implementation for both IT and Platform Information Technology Control (PIT-Control) systems.
Conduct cybersecurity vulnerability assessments (both shipboard and ashore).
Interface with clients and certification authorities on issues related to assessment and authorization (A&A).
Research and test new technologies and tools for cybersecurity innovation for shipboard systems.
Prepare Risk Management Framework (RMF) documents for submission in eMASS.
Desired (but required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in an Information Technology (IT) related field.
- Cybersecurity certificate (CISSP, CompTIA+, etc.)
- Experience with DIACAP / RMF package submission.
- Experience with RMF using eMASS.
- 5+ years of experience with evaluating / implementing information security controls for DoD systems.
- 5+ years of experience incorporating cyber security management processes into system design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently (with moderate supervision), or on project teams is a plus.
- US Citizenship required.
- IAM Level II/III
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and/or Configuration Compliance Validation Initiative (SCCVI) tool
- Experience as a security controls assessor.
- Experience with PIT system cybersecurity.