This position serves our Washington office, performing start-up and owner training for new equipment as well as diagnosing issues with and servicing existing equipment. The successful applicant will be based out of our Seattle location. Travel will be required to jobsites located within the JB Washington territory (all of WA State, focusing in Western WA).
An ideal candidate would have experience diagnosing and servicing gas fired boiler and domestic water heating equipment within the commercial building market. Any additional experience servicing other types HVAC equipment such as circulation pumps, electric heat pumps, electric boilers and packaged rooftop units is preferred but not required. The applicant must be willing to attend specific manufacturer trainings out of state, then be willing to train others within Johnson Barrow’s service organization.
- Factory representative for several lines of boilers
- Provide startup service on new equipment
- Work with mechanical contractors, building engineers, and controls technicians to integrate new equipment into existing or new facilities
- Work with manufacturers on design and warranty issues.
- Provide coaching & guidance to other technicians on boiler operation and repair
- May at times be needed to examine building layouts and piping systems to anticipate potential difficulties with operation
- Documents work by completing startup paperwork on each job and maintaining files
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact
- Keeps current with manufacturers' products and related installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair requirements
- Provides technical support to customers
- At least 3-5 years of boiler technician experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing pumps, motors, and other ancillary boiler equipment.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly