Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the continual functioning and optimization of all critical operations.
- Identifies and learns appropriate software applications used, and recommends future state.
- Oversees installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of servers.
- Maintains integrity & continual operation of the network including wireless networks.
- Maintains security and privacy of all information systems and equipment.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the server & desktop level, including installing hardware, installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Performs preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, and anti-virus software to servers & workstations.
- Fields incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Provides support for helpdesk tickets submitted from end users as needed.
- Tests fixes and performs post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Communicates all problems and issues to EVP, end users, or unit leaders.
- Administers and maintains end user accounts, permissions and access rights.
- Performs inventory, creates technical specifications & documentation as needed.
- Researches, implements, and adheres to documented industry best practices.
- Designs and implements disaster recovery plan for operating systems, databases, networks, servers, software applications, and all critical functions.
- Evaluates documented resolutions and analyze trends to prevent future problems
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university in the field of computer science, or an associate degree in information systems or related field, and/or 6-8 years equivalent work experience.
- Background in advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills required. In-depth, hands-on knowledge of enterprise, server, and desktop applications such as Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office applications including Office365, various Windows server platforms, MAC OS systems, and Active Directory, and in-depth knowledge of AWS.
- Must have proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Must have effective communication skills, both oral and written, with internal coworkers, management of all levels, external vendors, and other business associates. Must clearly communicate directions and information effectively.
- Must be motivated, independent, and able to maintain high energy and a positive attitude.
- Can learn quickly and adapt as needed to an ever-changing environment.
- Must have sound judgment, strong initiative, and the ability to be flexible and detail-oriented.
- Have customer-oriented mindset and provide an exceptional customer service experience.
- Strong experience working within a VMWare environment.
- Ability to support and maintain a multi-server Citrix or other remote environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new skills, software, and other technologies.
- Must have in-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including ERP packages.
- Can develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Expert knowledge of LAN/WAN including experience with various hardware is a plus.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 30 lbs.
- Requires 8-5PM workday, Monday – Friday with occasional evenings or weekends for maintenance and upgrades or emergency response.
This is an onsite position and requires immediate response for escalations at any hour of the day or night.
This position will be a management position with 1 report, managing all IT aspects of the 3 businesses.
Job Type: Full-time
- Eagan, MN 55121 (Required)