The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Join this small team performing Internal Research and Development of new technologies in the area of small missile hypersonics.
AS A GUIDANCE, NAVIGATION & CONTROL (GNC) HARDWARE ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Define the GN&C hardware interfaces with the rest of the subsystems
- Take ownership of the hardware through-out its entire life cycle
- Help perform hardware trades and selections for control actuators and other control system components
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
You have proven expertise in control system hardware
- You have worked with hardware suppliers or development of electro-mechanical systems
- You have experience with generating and reviewing hardware specifications and ICDs
- Demonstrated experience in component engineering through-out the entire life cycle from requirements generation through design, integration, qualification, verification, and validation of hardware
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- You have the ability as a phenomenal teammate to build consensus among peers and form effective relationships with team members
- Must have a DoD SECRET clearance
- Experience with Hypersonic missile systems
- Flap/fin motor controls experience strongly desired
- Cold gas attitude control system design a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through anomaly resolution as well as work solely to support a fast paced schedule
- Proven knowledge of other subsystems and electrical / mechanical domain knowledge
- Flight Support and Operations experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are a demonstrated strong communicator, with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.