Full-Time Lecturer, Center for Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness (2019-2020 Academic Year Contract)
August 19, 2019 (Fall semester)
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in educational leadership, higher education/student affairs, education measurement, education evaluation, research methodology, psychometrics, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience conducting quantitative research in educational settings.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative data analysis software packages (e.g. Stata, SAS, or SPSS).
- Commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
- Demonstrated potential for effective teaching in higher education.
- Expertise with conducting program evaluations, ideally including evaluations of student service/training programs designed to serve 1st generation, low SES, and/or traditionally underrepresented students in higher education.
- Experience with quasi-experimental and longitudinal research designs and methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, clients, and others to achieve shared goals.
- Demonstrated experience conducting qualitative research in educational settings.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative data analysis packages (e.g., Nvivo, Dedoose, AtlasTi)
- Experience teaching research methodology courses at the graduate level to a diverse student body.
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness teaching content in higher education leadership, student affairs, or related areas at the graduate level to a diverse student body.
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness teaching online and/or hybrid courses.
- Lead/conduct one or more program evaluations/research projects, including collaborative development of evaluation/research plans, data collection, data analysis, and reporting.
- Supervise the work of graduate and undergraduate student assistants on evaluation, program improvement, and research projects.
- Serve as Center for Evaluation and Educational Effectiveness (CEEE) quantitative data analyst for selected evaluation projects, including conducting data analyses and drafting written reports as needed evaluation proposals and reports.
- Develop edit checks and other tools to assess and improve data quality.
- Play a consulting/supporting role in the design of program evaluations in CEEE.
- Collaborate with other members of the center, various units within the College, University, and in the community, to support program evaluation and research activities.
- Assume a leadership role in related CEEE projects (e.g., delivering professional development to center members and student assistants, recruiting and supervising the student participants in the College of Education Scholars program).
- May teach graduate-level courses, which may include research methods and content courses in the Educational Leadership department (doctoral and master’s level).
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University’s strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, student. who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
CEEE is an evaluation and research center that exists under the Department of Educational Leadership, in the College of Education. The successful candidate will be a full-time faculty member in the department, with his/her primary appointment in CEEE. Thus, they will be eligible to teach courses appropriate to their qualifications, depending upon workload in CEEE.
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
Electronic submission preferred in a single PDF file.
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications and indicating area(s) of specialization.
- Curriculum vitae including a current e-mail address.
- Names and contact information for three references.
- An article-length writing sample.
- Copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree.
- Finalists will also be required to submit the following:
1) A signed SC-1 form,
2) Three current letters of recommendation independently provided by references, and
3) An official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
Applications and required documentation may be submitted to:
Charline Carabes, Department Coordinator
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Educational Leadership
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-2012
(562) 985-4378, firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions specific to the position, please contact Dr. Don Haviland, Department Chair of Educational Leadership (562-985-7157, email@example.com)
Review of applications begins August 12, 2019.
Position open until filled (or recruitment canceled).
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.