Metro Inclusive Health is looking for a Director of Behavioral Health Programs. This position is responsible for programmatic leadership and oversight of all aspects of behavioral health care services, including mental health and outpatient substance abuse treatment. The management of clinical behavioral health services includes but is not limited to establishing clinical practice policy and protocols and implementing structural and evidence-based interventions for substance abuse, mental health and HIV.
- Development and implementation of protocols, policy and procedures applicable to all behavioral health service staff and programs.
- Ensure integration of Behavioral Health and medical services in the health center to ensure holistic and wrap around services.
- Provide assistance in training staff in necessary protocols, diagnosis and treatment methods, and clinical intervention strategies for quality behavioral health service delivery.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of providing behavioral health services, through all funding and grant streams for the department and funder and agency licensing requirements
- Administer grant and contract rules and requirements applicable to the delivery of behavioral health services.
- Provide clinical guidance and support to the licensed and registered intern therapists, BH Program Manager and Program Coordinator, in the management of mental health services at all levels and sites.
- Provide integral support and leadership to the psychiatric nurse practitioners
- Ensure and maintain a high level of efficiency as it relates to coordination of client/patient care, scheduling of patients, follow through on BH policies and procedures, quality and peer reviews and all aspects of the department.
- Enforce and streamline new/existing program protocols, procedures and policies to effect continual improvement in processes and services to achieve maximum efficacy and best service delivery.
- Provide coaching and hands-on supervision as needed with all behavioral health staff. Works with staff and/or immediate supervisor(s) in cases requiring corrective or disciplinary action and performance improvement planning.
- Maintain good relationships with community stakeholders and partners in behavioral health service delivery.
- Actively participates on QI/QA and Risk Management committees.
- Interdisciplinary approach and case conferencing with psychiatric providers, medical team, and therapists on a regular basis to ensure mutual collaboration on cases.
- Maintain regular meetings and provide management reports to the Chief Operating & Programs Officer related to contracts, program, and staffing issues.
- Be available for crisis intervention consultation to all program levels including other departments where clinical, case management and other program services are delivered.
- Promote effective communication between departments and entities, acting as a liaison to facilitate information sharing, collaborative problem solving and adequate provision of support services
- Directly responsible for personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, terminations, staff and contractor schedules, time cards, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding privileged administrative and client information in a professional manner
- Licensed Mental Health Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker or relevant Behavioral Health Leadership experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years of clinical work experience within a community-based health care, public health or HIV/AIDS service organization setting.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience directly managing at least 5 full time licensed clinicians and/or managing behavioral health management positions such as BH Program Manager.
- Direct experience managing grants from HRSA/Ryan White and SAMHSA/CSAT and experience working with third-party payors including Medicaid, Medicare, HMO/PPOs and commercial plans.
- Knowledge of WPATH Guidelines for Transgender Care and experience providing behavioral health services to the LGBTQ, HIV, minority populations, and underserved communities.
- Demonstrated experience implementing behavioral health and HIV evidence-based practices and structural interventions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of HIV, substance abuse, and harm reduction strategies, HIV supportive services including medical case management, and strong understanding of integrated medical home models of care and service delivery
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies Required:
- Must have extensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS disease, co-occurring infections, treatments and understanding of adherence barriers and strategies.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, exercise good judgment with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to providing a high level of service and working in a team environment
- High degree of professionalism and very attentive to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and under tight deadlines
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically to enhance programming to further agency mission
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and will enjoy coaching individuals to increase capacity
- Knowledge of the history and issues facing LGBTQ, HIV-infected and affected, minority and high-risk youth populations, and other underserved communities.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Critical thinking and recall ability for high-level planning, analysis and problem-solving.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership for subordinate personnel and to develop and maintain a wide variety of internal and external working relationships.
- A passion and commitment to support the agency’s mission, growth and sustainability planning
- Microsoft suite and data systems proficiency, including Electronic Medical Records.
- Must possess and maintain valid Florida driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must have reliable and accessible auto vehicle.
Indeed Hire and Metro Inclusive Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- clinical work within a community-based health care, public health or HIV/AIDS service organization setting: 10 years (Required)
- directly managing at least 5 full time licensed clinicians and/or behavioral health management positions such as BH Program Manager: 5 years (Required)
- Licensed Mental Health Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Preferred)
- Driver's License (FL) (Required)
- Saint Petersburg, FL: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)