The Aquatics program at Ft. Belvoir is seeking to fill multiple vacancies within our facilities that includes " SUMMER HIRE", Intermittent and Regular positions
(YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE MILITARY AFFILIATED; HOWEVER, MUST HAVE THE ABILITY AND ACCESS TO FT. BELVOIR! APPLICANTS MUST BE 15 YEARS OF AGE TO APPLY). This is an open continuous vacancy announcement. Referral certificates will be generated and issued to the Selection Manager as indicated below.
Jul 27, Aug 03, Aug 10 Closing date.
Serves as a lifeguard for indoor and outdoor pools and works under the direction of the Installation Aquatics Program Manager.
Employs safety rules for the protection of the pool guests. Responsible for lifeguarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics facility. Provides maximum pool area surveillance and responds to emergencies; rescues pool patrons and administers first aid as required. Responsible for assisting in the conduct of aquatic swimming and water survival training according to TC 21-21 or assisting with American Red Cross swim lessons as an Aide. Attend aquatics and/or safety training as directed. Adheres to Customer Service standards of the Installation.
Assists in maintaining pool, and area clean and free from any hazards. Performs periodic water tests and reports results to the pool leader on duty. Provides information to swimmers regarding safety/health/admission rules and procedures. Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules, and follows facility Standard Operating Procedures for disciplinary actions.
Assists in coaching or preparing the competitive and non-competitive swimming programs as required. Maintains daily logs, reports and records as required.
Lifeguards will participate in any required training (on-the-job training emergency rescue drills, emergency action plan simulations).
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form or copy this URL to your browser: www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A3433_Final.pdf).
2. Possesses satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13, to include a National Agency Check (NAC). Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period.
3. Lifeguards must have good vision (corrected vision if necessary) while on duty to effectively recognize all emergencies, incidents and rule breaking. Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment. May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
4. Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty. Fifteen(15) year old lifeguards must comply with the restriction of the DOL Child Labors Law (Jan 17, 2006).
All required certifications must be kept current.
5. Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
6. Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
7. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
Possesses and maintains the following certifications: Lifeguarding and First Aid (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard, YMCA, or ELLIS); American Red Cross "Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or equivalent (American Heart Association CPR/AED); First Aid. For Water Parks upgrade the certification to: 'Waterpark Lifeguarding and First Aid; CPR/PR/AED' (American Red Cross)
In addition, for facilities that use Oxygen Administration "O2 bottles" the O2 Administration certification (American Red Cross "Oxygen Administration or installation offered training (i.e. Fire Dept.) must be obtained within two weeks of reporting for duty
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) may be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- Forms DA-3433 PCS Orders Valid Certificates
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.