*** The job title is posted as Merchandiser / Sales Associate but it is titled Vacation Relief Associate
The Vacation Relief Associate Chain drives DPI sales at customer sites through placement of product, promotional selling and effective display of merchandise. The Vacation Relief personnel services routes and customers of Field Sales Associates on an interim basis to provide coverage when needed. They must be available for intra- and interstate travel depending on geographic location, with overnight travel as needed. The Vacation Relief Associate must project a positive image to DPI customers and while adhering to DPI policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in product sales and additional promotional sales through service visits at customer sites.
- “Merchandise” product for display and placement in a way that attracts sales at customer stores and secondary and perimeter locations.
- Transport product from storage areas and place product onto customer shelves or displays.
- Maintain quality and quantity of products on shelves by rotating products, checking code dates to ensure freshness and replenish product with back stock.
- Conduct Inventory counts and reconcile orders for customer accounts by verifying accuracy of delivery records with product delivered.
- Create and transmit customer credits for spoiled and/or returned goods.
- Create and transmit orders for product replenishment and other corresponding paperwork in a timely manner, meeting DPI order deadlines. Verify accuracy of transmission by confirming receipt with DPI Warehouse personnel.
- Deliver exceptional customer service at all times when communicating with store management, personnel and the public, adhering to customer policies and procedures in compliance with DPI’s standards.
- Reset displays of merchandise at customer locations to enhance display of product
- Maintain fixture cleanliness to enhance sales.
- Write and stock orders for product placement and/or issue credits for spoiled and/or returned goods
- Communicate with warehouse personnel and District Manager regarding product discrepancies and/or customer issues.
- Plan and carry out daily schedules according to assigned customer locations. Travel throughout assigned territory, manage timelines to ensure completion of assigned customer and DPI requirements, and respond to fluctuations in workload to deliver quality customer service according to DPI standards.
- Coordinate and communicate product merchandising needs and customer requirements with Merchandiser and Reset Specialist and Field Sales Support
- Operate office- and field-based electronic equipment for communications and transmission of orders and credits; operate cell phone to communicate with customers, supervisors or coworkers and for electronic timekeeping.
- Operate motor vehicle to travel to and from customer locations throughout assigned territory.
- Attend scheduled trainings and meetings as required to meet customer and DPI standards.
- Attend store inventories to verify accuracy of product counts performed by inventory crews, requesting corrections as needed. Report and present results of findings to District Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Maintain clean work environment, which may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI’s objectives.
The employee must be proficient in written and spoken English and possess basic math skills. The employee must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point) is required. The minimum required level of experience is one year in DPI operations or a related sales field (with perishable experience necessary for certain areas). The employee must have a valid driver’s license, maintain a driving record that meets DPI’s standards and insurance eligibility requirements for excess liability. The employee must have reliable transportation, and if using a personal vehicle must maintain automobile liability coverage adequate to meet the financial responsibility laws of the state(s) in which the employee operates.
The work environment is indoors. The employee may be exposed to variable temperatures from the three different product climates (dry, cold, freezer). The employee is also exposed to temperature variation during travel throughout assigned geographical territory. The floors are concrete in the staging area; vinyl floor covering is typical when working the aisles at a customer site.
The work schedule is 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. Start times vary. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime, holidays or weekends.
Physical and Mental Demands:
20 to 50 pounds of force is exerted occasionally, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently, to move objects and product. This job also requires frequent standing and walking. The employee must know and follow proper safety protocols, DPI grooming, hygiene and dress code requirements. The employee must have good time management skills in order to assist with multiple customer accounts in a timely fashion, know the assigned customer requirements, DPI and customer policies and procedures. The employee must also understand, retain, and apply product knowledge to drive DPI sales. Application of basic mathematic functions and writing skills are needed to create orders, reconcile deliveries, and maintain inventory.
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
Right to Work