Oracle DBA – Solution Specialist
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Provide database administration support, including modifications to application production and pre-production databases. Perform schema changes and conversion of the production database during application upgrades and new version releases.
- Provide lifecycle database management services including, but not limited to, design, development, provisioning, creation, modifying and managing data and schema, cloning and backup, troubleshooting, account management, and decommissioning.
- Maintain databases, clusters and replications for pre-production, productions, and backup; ensure current application upgrades and releases are timely.
- Provide database metrics, such as growth and usage of capabilities, and recommend new capabilities as needed.
- Perform database optimization.
- Provide scripting to support database content and reporting.
- Develop database dictionaries for all databases in support of this task.
Our Oracle Enterprise Solutions practice provides services from ERP and Cloud Strategy, through Business Transformation and Applications Implementation, to Operate and Cloud Release Management. We modernize our client’s business and core environments to leverage technology innovations around Cloud, Digital, Mobility and Social Collaboration. We help our clients address digital transformation by designing modern applications and industry specific solutions to deliver outcomes that improve flexibility, scalability and cost management. Oracle ERP products include Oracle Cloud SaaS, EBS, PeopleSoft, and JD Edwards.
Professionals can expect to deliver “heart of the business” projects and work closely with client leaders in finance, logistics, manufacturing, shop floor, scheduling, engineering and design, IT, project management as well as the C-suite including the CEO, CFO, CIO and COO. We assess current business processes and capabilities as part of digital transformation initiatives and support strategic priorities across clients’ enterprises.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- 3+ years of experience working with implementing and/or upgrading Oracle database applications.
- 3+ years of Oracle DB Administration and Development in Oracle 10g or higher.
- Expert communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be willing to live and work in the Orlando, FL area.
Must currently hold Secret Clearance
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose:
to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.