WesleyLife Hospice provides services in-home and elsewhere; wherever we’re needed, we extend the personalized patient- and family-centered care we’re known for. We believe hospice is not about the end of life, but about encouraging patients to live life on their terms. WesleyLife Hospice comes to patients wherever they call home — their house or apartment, WesleyLife- or non-WesleyLife-affiliated senior living community, a health center, or a hospital. This position is PRN/as needed and will serve Hospice patients in our Hospice Northern Territories (Ames/Marshalltown/Newton/Pella) for WesleyLife Hospice, usually Monday-Friday 8 am-4:30 pm but possible nights/weekends as patient needs demand.
WesleyLife has been certified as one of 2022's Great Places to Work!
PRN: Pella/Newton/Ames/Marshalltown/Des Moines
Essential job functions include:
- Provides massage treatments.
- Reviews the patient’s clinical record and all medical history before initiating treatments.
- Works within the massage therapy scope of practice. Considers contraindications, patient limitations, and precautions when planning the patient’s treatment sessions.
- Consults with the nurse care manager or director if there is a question about whether the patient’s condition is contraindicated for massage therapy.
Candidates should have:
- Desire to provide compassionate care to patients and their family members.
- Ability to work with a broad variety of patients and handle difficult situations tactfully.
- Must have an acceptable background check and no record of adult abuse.
- Must have a caring, compassionate ability to provide nursing care to older adults.
- Must be willing to work in and support a team environment.
- Must have the ability to organize and manage multiple functions and schedules under stress and with changing priorities.
- Must be able to react, follow instructions, and exercise good judgment in emergencies.
WesleyLife believes in the value of diversity within our workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Because of our commitment to your health and well-being, you will be required to successfully complete a pre-hire health assessment, background check, TB test, motor vehicle report, drug screen and meet our COVID-19 requirements prior to beginning employment.
Current Iowa massage therapy license
Two years of massage therapy experience in a healthcare setting