PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
The Assurance Innovation group is developing capabilities leveraging the latest in Open Source technologies to automate and accelerate our client engagements across the enterprise. We are focused on incorporating the latest in machine learning, Big Data, NoSQL, cutting edge development languages,
and advanced data processing techniques to include structured and unstructured information in a loosely coupled ecosystem delivering a technology platform that positions PwC for the future.
Our team is comfortable performing tasks at any level of the technology stack ranging from backend database to front end UI helping where problems exist and being flexible in approach collaborating with others. Every day our team:
- Works with various data stores to include SQL, NO-SQL and distributed file system storage
- Develop and integrate capabilities across APIs with back-end services written in one or more languages, e.g. Java, Scala, REST, etc.
- Experiment with Big Data tools and open source technologies as well as research 3rd party technologies
Minimum Year(s) of Experience:
5 of software engineering experience and experience leading teams.
Minimum Degree Required:
Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Technology, and/or other related field of study.
Master's degree in Software Engineering or other related technical field.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Performing as a team leader to include leading teams to generate a vision, establishing direction, motivating members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff, and encouraging improvement and innovation;
- Performing enterprise systems design, application scaling, performance evaluation, and architecture refinement;
- Experience with Java, Scala based platforms, open source tooling and Linux OS development;
- Executing NoSQL database models, XML, relational and other database models and associated SQL;
- Applying Natural Language Processing, Named Entity Recognition, Machine Learning and general unstructured data analytics; and,
- Applying of full stack development with comfort and familiarity of continuous integration tooling such as Docker, Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas, preferably for the US risk assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms:
- Creating design documentation, assisting in project planning, and leading staff in the development of complex systems;
- Applying algorithm optimization, system security, and distributed computing;
- Building and orchestrating microservices across a distributed enterprise cloud architecture built for scalability and performance;
- Performing code reviews for backend business services and assist in front end UI efforts; and,
- Evaluating and selecting open source tools based on industry experience and familiarity with the open source community.