Reading Assist Institute is accepting applications for 2020-2021 RAI Fellows.
RAI Fellow’s are trained to be a certified dyslexia practitioner and teach 1:1 to struggling, at risk students.
The RAI Fellowship requires 1200 service hours to be completed between August 10, 2020-June 11, 2021
Fellows start in August, with a graduate level training course and then are embedded into low-income elementary schools in Delaware. Fellows transform the lives of students who may have with have dyslexia or other reading disorders.
You would begin your year of fellowship with five weeks of extensive training alongside other members who come to us from all across the country. Each fellow is matched with up to 8 students in grades 1 through 3 and receives coaching from a professional reading specialist. Additionally, RAI Fellows are paired with other members from across the country in their elementary schools and often form lifelong friendships and bonds with both their partners and students.
Title: Reading Assist Institute Fellowship (RAI Fellow)
Benefits: In addition to the training, Fellows receive:
· $15,000 (pre tax) living allowance distributed bi-weekly for 10 months of service,
· health benefits (if needed),
· the opportunity to defer student loans with most loan providers,
· childcare (if eligible).
Additionally, as an AmeriCorps member, upon successful completion of the program, Fellows will receive an approximately $4000 education grant of that can be used towards qualified education expenses or to repay student loans.
We seek passionate, capable tutors willing to serve the students and the community. You do not need teaching experience, but you must to be ready to commit to students for the entire school year.
RAI Fellows members must:
· Be able to commit to 10 months of services from August –June 2020. Fellows are expected to serve in their schools from approximately 8:00-3:30 Monday-Friday
· Be able to blend, segment, and manipulate sounds within words.
· Be willing to work with children who may have behavioral challenges in addition to academic needs.
· Have demonstrated resilience, adaptability and professionalism
· Have a patient and flexible mindset
· Be open to constructive feedback.
· Complete an AmeriCorps application
· Submit to background checks and fingerprints
Fill out an application directly at:
The RAI Fellowship is organized by Reading Assist Institute, a nonprofit organization in Wilmington, Delaware, in partnership with AmeriCorps. RAI Corps members log 1200 service hours from Mid-August-Mid-June.
Location: Wilmington, Delaware is a centrally located on the east coast, about 30 minutes from Philadelphia, an hour from Baltimore and two hours from both New York and Washington, D.C. Downtown Wilmington is well known as a financial capital, but the city also has an active arts and entertainment scene with museums, a minor league ballpark, an IMAX movie theater, restaurants, breweries and four major stages showing everything from traveling Broadway musicals to indie folk bands – all within walking distance of downtown.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 /month
- Wilmington, DE 19801 (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: