Starting Date: Immediately -
Applications accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
Davey Tree is seeking Climbing Arborist-Trainees to join our Residential/Commercial Tree Care team in Cape Cod, MA. Those with prior experience in Forestry, Landscape or working at height are encouraged to apply. Trainees will work directly with the territory's trainer and crew leaders to learn all aspects of Arboricultural operations. After familiarization with ground duties such as job-site setup, chipping, and chainsaw operation, Trainees will learn skills necessary for pruning trees to ANSI A300 guidelines. Trainees will progress through Davey's Career Development Program as they learn to utilize ropes for ascending and working in trees, and Plant Health Care applications.
- Function as a member of a tree crew while progressively learning new skills
- Make satisfactory progress in Davey's Career Development Program
- Operate chainsaws, chippers, stump grinders, and other equipment as needed on job-sites
- Utilize ropes for work positioning at heights up to 60 feet, while pruning or removing trees
- Maintain issued personal gear, crew gear, and equipment
- Learn tree Identification and ANSI A300 Pruning guidelines
- Make satisfactory progress in Davey's Career Development Program, including Plant Health Care applications and duties as assigned by management
- Background in Forestry, Urban Forestry, Landscaping, or working at heights
- Demonstrated ability to report for work regularly and punctually
- Valid Driver's License, Commercial Driver's License highly valuable
- Willingness to work outdoors during a variety of weather conditions
- Experience in relatable fields of work (concrete, construction, electrical, landscaping) or outdoor work experience (lawn care, yard care, mowing, gardener, weed control, maintenance) is desirable
- Full time hourly position (compensation based on qualifications and experience)
- Employee Bonus Referral and Safety Incentive Program
- PTO & Holiday pay
- Excellent benefits offered
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- 401K retirement plan, the opportunity to buy Davey stock after 1 year
- All uniforms, climbing gear and PPE provided
- Industry related training and special Davey training courses
- Reimbursement is available for industry related certifications
- Internships and management mentoring program available
Compensation is based on experience, with incentives for completing training and certifications. Davey provides all PPE, uniforms, climbing gear, and related equipment. Davey is Employee Owned and offers benefits including health and 401k.
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Davey is Employee Owned.
Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Visit Davey Website: WWW.DAVEY.COM Job Opportunities & Company Profile Information
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 35 years and has more than 8,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-800-445-8733 ext. 1108 or at email@example.com.