Finance & Accounting | US - San Francisco - Office
About the company:
ForgeRock® rocks when others are rolling. We aren't your typical high-tech company and aren't looking for typical people. We look for real people. Whoever you are. Whatever you are. While you play well with others you aren't afraid to be you and let others be themselves. Someone has called you wicked smart before, but you would never refer to yourself that way.
ForgeRock pioneered open source identity and access management, went on to invent identity relationship management for customer identities, and is now busy playing with the identity of things. Yes, we're growing fast, but we remain true to our start up culture. We're decidedly creative, we're always learning, no one hesitates to ask questions, and we're on a never-ending search for new ideas.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it's likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
The Revenue Analyst will be a member of the Revenue Accounting Team and will report to the Revenue Manager. The Revenue Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of revenue and deferred revenue. The Revenue Analyst is responsible for monthly revenue calculations and reconciliations of related accounts as part of the monthly financial close process. The Revenue Analyst will also review and analyze client contracts and ensure proper invoicing and revenue recognition treatment. The successful candidate will work closely with people across the organization to understand revenue accounting issues. The role has global exposure in a fast-paced Finance organization.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Prepare revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Process invoices and manage delivery to the clients
- Prepare monthly fluctuations for revenue accounts, deferred revenue accounts, accounts receivable and related allowance accounts
- Assist with month end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, accruals and periodic reporting
- Play an integral role in Quote-to-Cash process by reviewing and analyzing customer orders and summarizing key transaction terms for revenue recognition issues under ASC 606 rules in partnership with legal, sales ops, and sales
- Identify and propose solution to revenue recognition issues
- Support external audits and quarterly reviews
- Work with IT on system improvements
- Partner with Credit & Collections to research customer queries / billing issues and generate solutions
- Ensure compliance with established internal controls, policies and procedures, and established business processes and suggest areas for process improvement
Life at ForgeRock:
- 1 - 3 years of related work experience in either a revenue accounting or general accounting role
- S. /B.A. Accountancy or Finance.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition principals according to US GAAP
- Software industry experience helpful
- Intacct (our current ERP), Netsuite or other accounting system experience a plus
- SalesForce and experience working with sales organization helpful
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. vLookup, pivot table, etc.) is a must
- Self-starter and quick-learner
- Experience reading & interpreting contracts
- Superb attention to detail yet possesses an understanding of the "big picture."
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Will be required to effectively communicate with multiple functional teams
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We've grown enormously, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most important of all, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that's who we want to succeed with every day. Below are just a few of the great things we have to offer at ForgeRock:
- A great team of smart, fun and genuinely nice individuals.
- Awesome company culture focused around providing a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Regular office bonding events, from lunches and happy hours to group offsites and hack-days
- Well-stocked fridges, whether you're hungry or thirsty
- Competitive benefits and perks
- We're Mac-friendly!
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Amazing offices across the globe – San Francisco HQ; Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Munich, Germany; London & Bristol, UK; Grenoble & Paris, FR; Oslo, NO; Singapore, Australia & counting!
ForgeRock is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.