The Associate Product Manager will work closely with various groups to translate customer needs into product requirements. He/she will also help implementation via collaboration with the development team.
- Develops and builds awareness of key customer needs, as relayed by others.
- Participates in customer discovery activities with the product team and gives input for solutions.
- Helps others to deliver on existing customer commitments.
- Regularly reads competitive announcements and events.
Data-Driven Decision-Making & Analysis
- Seeks out data in partnership with others to support decisions*.
- Demonstrates ability to review data from predefined dashboards and shares with team members for decision making.
- Understands key metrics for their feature area and major influencers of these metrics.
Go to Market & Product Marketing Lifecycle
- With clear direction participates in go to market launch plans and activities.
- Develops an understanding of how the product is marketed to customers.
- Participates in select customer events.
- Distributes information to sales and marketing to educate on product issues.
Product Delivery & Development Lifecycle
- Demonstrates an understanding of the customer experience, and the components of a good product.
- Writes clear and concise product requirements that meet guidelines in a timely and effective manner.
- Recommends and plans use of feature functionality.
Strategy & Commercial Acumen
- Develops an understanding of, and executes defined product strategy.
- Proactively asks questions about strategy and goals.
- Learns the company technology stack at a high level, for his/her feature area.
- Ability to write detailed technical user stories and present to internal stakeholders.
- Learns about technologies to assist day-to-day tasks.
What you should bring
0-2 years Product Management experience
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities.
Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical subject (Computer Science or Engineering discipline) is preferred, but not essential.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect , Scopus , SciVal , ClinicalKey and Sherpath . Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell , more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray’s Anatomy . Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com .