Senior Developer, ecommerce
Chamberlain is seeking an amazing IT professional who would thrive in a modern, newly constructed, collaborative workspace with top-notch amenities including a fitness center, in house dining services and more! We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist employees succeed.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility:
The Senior Application Developer, eBusiness, works with business system analysts and business stakeholders to support, maintain, build and enhance a variety of applications. This includes creating technical designs, programming, debugging, unit testing, and documenting application changes within a variety of platforms, tools, and technologies. The Senior Application Developer, eBusiness works primarily with Chamberlain’s ecommerce, Digital Marketing and Online platforms and technologies: primarily the Hybris Commerce solution (WCMS, PCM, Order Management, Data Hub) and associated integrated applications including SAP ERP, in B2C and B2B channels.
The role requires strong technical abilities within application design and development, implementation, and support, especially in an SAP environment; ability to work with cross-functional teams; basic project management skills; and communication skills. The role will interface with multiple departments including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Customer Service, Logistics, and Finance.
Design, develop, and implement technical solutions that meet business needs. Activities include:
- Take responsibility for end-to-end delivery of individual work items and small projects. Create project plans and estimate time and resources required on small to medium projects. Oversee end to end delivery of individual solutions and small to medium projects.
- Lead technical solutions from initiation through conclusion. Able to work with business stakeholders to elicit and understand requirements. Facilitate small teams through the process of developing alternatives, identifying and documenting pros and cons, and coming to a consensus point of view with supporting documentation.
- Design and develop end to end solutions that contain multiple technical components crossing functions and technical areas, following best practices and development standards and guidelines.
- Be a positive member of a team: serve as a mentor to others; provide constructive feedback; proactively share information with others to help; lead by example.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and stay current with industry best practices relative to technology, products, services and methodologies.
- Create deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation.
- Collaborate as necessary with external marketing agencies and participate in design, wireframe, concept and prototype review sessions. Assist in the translation and creation of Information Architecture, Sitemaps, Layered Compositions and other design related deliverables into code.
- Proactively monitor and support production systems, help resolve problems, and take appropriate actions to resolve root cause, improve system stability, operations, and processes. Resolve end user service requests.
- Participate in change control and release management processes for all eBusiness systems; ensure adherence to corporate change control procedures and controls. Manage and control source code and all appropriate documentation.
- BSC/BS/BA in Computer Science or related field.
- Sun Java Certification or equivalent a plus.
- Hybris Developer part 1 or 2 certification is a plus
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience in application development in online/Media/ecommerce software environments.
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience developing web-based applications.
3. Minimum 1 year experience in Hybris Commerce platform.
4. Minimum 3 years Java/J2EE development experience.
5. Experience working in Agile based project methodology environments, including sprints, backlog and scrum based approaches.
6. Experience working within both B2B and B2C environments is preferred
7. Experience integrating ecommerce packages or websites into other applications including ERP, Tax, Payment gateways, shipping, etc. is strongly preferred.
8. Experience with Web Content Management and Digital Asset Management tools in an ecommerce environment preferred.
9. Experience with multiple web specific technologies, programming languages and major application frameworks (e.g. Android Java, Objective C and HTML/JS/CSS).
10. Experience with software delivery solutions and packages, experience with Atlassian toolset a strong plus (JIRA, Bamboo, BitBucket, Confluence).
11. Prior experience implementing web based analytic tags into web sites, e.g. Google Analytics, to track, manage, and report on digital marketing performance.
12. Experience with website monitoring tools is preferred.
13. Prior experience working with creative/ digital / marketing agencies considered a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Senior Application Developer Core Job Knowledge & Skills:
1. Expert knowledge of core systems and expertise in configuration and customization in all functions within one or more business areas. Able to architect and design robust, sustainable technical solutions in their functional area(s) including how the solution will interact with other functional areas. Able to work cross-functionally with other technical resources to ensure complete, thorough, end-to-end solutions.
2. Excellent skills in systems analysis, problem analysis,debugging, troubleshooting, and technical error resolution. Can facilitate small groups to analyze/debug/resolve problems.
3. Solid knowledge of software development lifecycle; able to manage solutions through entire SDLC from design through development, testing, and deployment including release and change management; both in waterfall and Agile/Scrum environments.
4. Excellent business requirements analysis skills. Able to work with business stakeholders, understand needs, produce alternatives with recommendations. Strong ability to communicate technical topics clearly with business stakeholders.
6. Strong skills in system integration with various interface types and methods such as RFC, REST and SOAP Web Services; strong knowledge and understanding of SOA architecture.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Business Relationships:
Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders; proactively manages stakeholder expectations; sought out as a trusted advisor.
2. Project Management, Planning & Organizing:
Able to independently plan and manage a small to medium-sized project. Able to operate successfully in both Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Communicates clearly and effectively in both written and verbal communications; concise and direct; can communicate effectively to all levels; can speak in business language, articulate a point of view and drive to a business decision.
4. Self-driven, fast learning, organized, goal oriented individual with positive attitude.
Chamberlain is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.