TrinityRail Maintenance Services is searching for a 2nd Shift Career Mechanical Valve Technician in our Jonesboro, AR plant. We provide a complete array of railcar maintenance services.
In this role, the Mechanical Valve Tech assembles fabricated parts to relatively large or heavy subassemblies or complete units. The assembler lays out reference points, positions, aligns, and fits together fabricated parts of metal or fiberglass mold according to blueprint and layout specifications fabrication. You’ll use hand tools, portable tools, hoists, and cranes to move materials, parts, and assemblies.
What you'll do:
- Perform mechanical fastening (bolts, nuts, hucks)
- Apply appropriate torque sequence and values (certified)
- Read blueprints
- Operate overhead cranes
- Use hand tools to bend or form parts
- Tack weld
- Follow all safety rules and practices
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience