There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
At United, we have some of the best aircraft in the world. Our Technical Operations team is full of aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities professionals, and supply chain teams that help make sure they’re well taken care of and ready to get our customers to their desired destinations. If you’re ready to work on our planes, join our Tech Ops experts and help keep our fleet in tip-top shape.
Ground Service Equipment Technician
Location: Denver, CO
Starting Hourly Rate: $31.85 per hour- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus / $25,000 Relocation Incentive, subject to a collective bargaining agreement
At United, we offer a competitive compensation package, with benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life, accident and disability, employee assistance program, commuter, paid holidays, paid time off, 401(k) plan with employee and company contribution opportunities, pension, and flight privileges.
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Salary and benefits information is being included in this job posting in accordance with Colorado state law.
- Troubleshoot, repair and complete preventative maintenance on Ground Service Equipment (both motorized and non-motorized)
- Work will include diagnostic testing and repair of gas engines, transmissions, suspension and brake systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of diesel engines, heavy industrial equipment, including large aircraft air conditioners, air start and ground electrical power units
- Ground Service Equipment Technicians are represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
- Schedules are bid and awarded according to seniority
- Salary increases will be administered according to the current IBT/United contract
- New employees are required to join the union within ninety (90) days of employment
- There is an initiation fee for joining the union and subsequent monthly union dues which are set by the Local Lodge
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the “desired” qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What’s needed to succeed:
- 24 months of experience with troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of gas and diesel engines, electrical and hydraulic systems, and motorized equipment
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must possess a valid state issued driver's license
- Ability to work any shift assigned (nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed) within 24/7 operation
- Ability to climb and work from ladders, and/or walk for extended periods
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to high noise levels
- Moderate lifting
- Computer experience for input and retrieval of data
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is essential function of the position
What will help you propel from the pack:
- Certificate of completion from an accredited automotive school
- Experience with motorized equipment supporting airport ground operations
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact [email protected] to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $31.85 per hour
Work Location: In person