Project Manager-Highways - (153331)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Project Manager-Highways, we'll count on you to:
- Plan and manage all aspects of small to medium multi-discipline highway design projects or large, routine highway design projects
- Independently coordinate work of engineers and balance design team throughout entire project's development
- Establish and maintain client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct work sessions for design development and contract documents in conjunction with other staff
- Coordinate workload throughout entire project development, and ensure completion of documents on schedule
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule
- Work with Business/Accounting Manager or Project Controller and Department Manager for project reviews and with company management as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
Project Manager, Highways,Roadways, job #153331, *LI-MP1
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or closely related engineering field. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience including project management experience
- NYSDOT, or NYSTA, NYCDOT or NYCDDC highway/roadway design experience
- PE license
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Candidates who reside locally in the metro NY/NJ area are preferred. Position can be based in NYC or White Plains, NY.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-New York-New York
United States-New York-White Plains
Highway + Road
Mar 8, 2019