NBBB has been building boats on beautiful Whidbey Island since 1964. We are in Freeland, WA where we produce state-of-the-art vessels; tugs, ferries, fire boats, fishing vessels, barges, dinner boats, along with many other sophisticated ships. We build an astonishing variety of vessels and lead in adopting innovative marine technology to serve our customers' needs. We are seeking a Project Manager to meet current and anticipated needs in various new construction projects.
The Project Manager will oversee project life cycles from initial estimate through delivery to the customer and warranty period. Project Managers develop schedules, work break down structures, manage daily disruptions and ensure the project moves forward safely, profitably, and on schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that each contract obligation is completed, reviewed and delivered on time and with quality through all process functions.
- Project Management for all aspects of vessel project engineering, equipment deliveries and installation and commissioning
- Ensure all contract requirements and terms are fulfilled in the required sequence.
- Assure all inspections and tests are completed as required.
- Lead the project team in resolving project related non-conformities/warranty issues.
- Ensures that progress billings are presented to customer in accordance with purchase order provisions and that payment is received according to terms.
- Reviews and approves purchase documents
- Execute purchase documents and ensure accuracy and meet customer expectations
- Coordinates with estimating, engineering and sales in the development of project, estimates, bids and initial work break down structure.
- Develops project schedule using scheduling software to incorporate all phases of project development including work sequence, critical paths, milestone timelines, material and human resource requirements
- Provides periodic reports to management on resource allocation needs, performance to budget, performance to scheduled sequence and critical milestone completion.
- Responsible for the profitability of the project to include, preparing invoices and billing the customer, ensuring milestones are completed on time and under budget.
- Coordinates with production supervisors, engineering, purchasing and accounting to ensure risk mitigation during project development and monitoring progress of each team in order to resolve conflicts that will impact the project completion.
- Updates project schedules to reflect actual work completed to monitor progress throughout the build process.
- Responsible for leading project teams and conducting period project review meetings with key stakeholders.
- Manages and negotiates customer change order request and integrates changes into the overall build sequence.
- Creates lessons learned reports at the completion of each project and responsible for sharing learning outcomes with other project teams for continuous organizational improvement.
- Compare labor expenditures against the spending plan and report any variation and explain them
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Five (5) years’ experience in project management
- Experience with commercial, contractual and legal aspects of Project Management.
- Familiarity with ABS rules, EPA, USCG regulations, and commercial terms and conditions
- Knowledge of Ship systems particularly how they interact and construction/repair sequencing; principles and practice of managing large numbers of employees and motivating them to peak performance; budgeting and financial statements;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of marine and/or electrical engineering; marine-related equipment, ship repair and construction techniques; sequencing of ship repair activities; shipyard safety practices; complex mathematical principles as applied to shipping activities
- Computer literate, to include working knowledge of MS Office Products including MS Project
- Experience with scheduling software applications
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Familiar with quality assurance processes and regulatory requirements
- Strong time management, organizational and process improvement skills
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, or a related field.
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering; Naval Architecture; or related
- Five to ten (5-10) years’ experience in Shipbuilding Project Management
- Experience with Primavera 6 Scheduling Software
- Experience managing new construction and repair projects
- Eight to ten years of relevant experience in ship construction or repair preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Marine technical education,
- PMP Certification
Successful candidates will have to undergo a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Flexible schedules