How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
The Emergency Department (ED) Tech Level I is a multi-skilled caregiver who functions under the direction of the professional Registered Nurse.
- Provides safe, age-appropriate care to the patient by performing the following patient care functions and technical procedures: vital signs, 12-lead EKG, bedside blood sugar testing, superficial wound care, oral suctioning, splint application, instruction of safe ambulation with crutches.
- Must understand and practice aseptic technique when required: urethral catheterization, sterile tray preparation, dressing applications and all phlebotomy.
- Must be able to operate and observe cardiac monitors to ensure recognition of arrhythmias (site specific Kennestone ED), as well as operate pulse oximetry monitors.
- Requires knowledge of all specialty instruments and trays, including trauma resuscitation equipment and set-up, ENT trays, special procedure trays.
- Transports patients, unit supplies, equipment, and patient medications.
- Assures patient care area is appropriately stocked with supplies.
Monitor’s patients in restraint/seclusion and documents observations.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary to ensure delivery of patient care.
At Wellstar, not one patient, symptom or treatment plan is the same—even in an emergency. The new, state-of-the-art emergency department (ED) at Wellstar Kennestone delivers quality and compassionate care to every patient, every time and:
Level I Emergency Cardiac Care Center - Comprehensive, Personalized Emergency Care; ensures patients get the expert treatment in time to save lives, reduce disability and improve quality of life.
Level II Trauma Center - Prompt, Compassionate Trauma Care - Level II Trauma Center with separate ambulance entrance for faster diagnosis, treatment and direct CT access when minutes matter.
Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center - Expert, Advanced Stroke Care - Joint Commission designated Comprehensive Stroke Center ready to receive and treat the most complex cases.
Joint Commission Certified Comprehensive Cardiac Center
Kid-Focused Emergency Care - Dedicated pediatric emergency department, specifically designed with young patients in mind.
Required Minimum Education
High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited program
Required Minimum Experience
Required Minimum Skills
Effective communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Proficiency with desktop computer required.
- Demonstrate willingness to be a team-player and a self-starter required.
- Proficiency obtaining vital signs using manual processes required.
Required Minimum License(s) and Certification(s)
Basic Life Support 1.00 Required 1.00
Additional Licenses and Certifications
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!