- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Data Management
- Software Development
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering and/or related field or equivalent experience, plus 10 years of related experience or Master's degree and 8 years of related experience.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a hands-on Windchill PDMLink Development Lead. In this position you will lead the efforts of a team of Developers and Business Analysts in an ongoing enterprise level implementation. This is a high visibility position with opportunity for advancement.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Lead and manage a team of BAs and developers to deliver OR be the architect of components of the PDMLink system.
- Provide technical guidance to the Windchill development team to assure proper implementation of the planned solutions.
- Develop roadmaps and reference architectures around the Windchill platform.
- Collaborate with business users and other client teams to convert business requirements into system based solutions focused on the Windchill platform.
- Balance project architectural concerns with those of the enterprise by aligning solution architecture with roadmaps established by the enterprise architecture and assuring that solutions adhere to the enterprise architecture principles.
- Provide analysis and recommendations when multiple, competing solutions are available.
- Develop Technical Design Documentation to document solutions.
- Work with vendors to understand future capabilities and drive enhancements that support TE strategies.
- Analyze, improve and maintain Windchill based PLM business processes and solutions
- Communicate with software developers and/or vendors to request enhancements or report application improvements/inefficiencies.
- At least 7 years of Windchill experience developing applications in a complex, global implementation that supports distributed files stores, provides multiple WGMs and includes non-PDMLink components.
- Experience with PDMLink configuration and API/customization.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and deploying enterprise solutions based on the Windchill platform.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and deploying integrations between Windchill and other enterprise systems.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment including experience as a scrum master.
- Knowledge of CAD data management, Design Engineering and PLM practices and processes.
- Excellent organization, verbal / written communication and presentation skills with demonstrated business savvy to interact with management, users, contract resources, developers, vendors, and other Information Technology teams.
- Demonstrated presentation, oral/written communication, and inter-personal skills including the ability to: anticipate, influence & adapt to a wide range of audiences; cultivate relationships and leverage organizational understanding to facilitate decision making and buy-in.
- Exhibits subject matter expertise on how IT solutions are constructed and in-depth expert application administration knowledge.
- Significant understanding of solutions development methodologies (e.g. DevOps, Agile, Software Development Lifecycle, etc.)
- Significant experience as a developer, systems integrator, systems engineer, or solutions architect.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams and/or technical leadership including: ability to coach, supervise, & influence team/stakeholder(s); establish a compelling vision then plan and coordinate actions to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational change management principles including; leading change; building a coalition; anticipating resistance to change; designing / implementing appropriate strategies; institutionalizing change.
- Significant understanding of business stakeholder requirements, gain a thorough understanding of their desired business outcomes, and how they translate in application features
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!