Commercial Tire Technician needed in our South Windsor, Connecticut Location
Pay Range is Based on Experience
Perform tire repairs, replacements, and general service to tires and wheels. Responsible for delivering prompt, courteous and professional service to Pete’s Tire Barns customers. The person who takes this job should be willing to make customer satisfaction a number one priority, must be flexible and understand that job priorities will constantly change due to customer need.
- Mounting, dismounting, balancing, replacing, repairing of mostly commercial tires but may also include passenger, light truck, loader, farm, ATV and/or lawn and garden
- Mark customers’ names on removed tires and wheels.
- Raise vehicle with hydraulic jack, use air tools and heavy hand held tools. Repair tires using inspection equipment, drills and rollers.
- Remove or replace mounted tire assembly from vehicles.
- Ability to recognize repairable tires and properly perform repair. Discard tires that are not repairable.
- Communicate all work performed via legible writing on tags, work orders and/or invoices.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner. Use all provided safety equipment such as gloves, jack stands, wheel chocks, air cages, safety glasses. Communicate equipment needs. Report all tools or equipment that need repair or that are broken. Report all unsafe actions, problems or abnormal situations to the store manager or safety manager.
- Perform daily maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Review service work orders for complete information such as required customer information, repairs, mounts, new tires, valves before giving to the store manager.
- Ensure that all products leave with proper paperwork.
- As needed, perform miscellaneous job duties to ensure prompt services to our customer.
- Perform all work safely.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Language skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form.
- Computer skills: Basic computer skills; training will be provided as needed.
- Equipment: Capable of operating lift gates, service tools, air compressors, hydraulic jacks, air guns, air gauges, mounting and balancing machines, and computer and office equipment.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Full health benefit package (Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life and more)
- 401K with company match
- Paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
- Over 50 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
- Pre-employment drug test/physical/background check will help assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve the needs of our customers.
About Pete’s Tire Barns: Pete's Tire Barns, Inc, headquartered in Orange, MA, has grown to one of the largest independent commercial tire dealerships in the country. Pete's currently operates 22 full-service locations in New England, a brand new state-of-the art Distribution Center, and 3 Bandag retread facilities. The company employs in excess of 200 people, and operates a fleet of over 130 service and delivery vehicles. In 2018, Pete’s Tire Barns celebrated their 50th year in business and has consistently been recognized by both Modern Tire Dealer and Tire Business magazines as a leader in the industry. To see more about Pete’s Tire Barns visit their website at www.petestire.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Please Provide a Phone Number We can Call you At
- Drivers License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location