Shift: 2:00pm to 10:00pm
Performs routine and extensive grounds keeping maintenance and building maintenance duties on all property buildings and facilities. The job of HVAC Technician provides HVAC services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC systems and equipment; assisting other skill trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. Essential Duties: These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position. *
- Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failure in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Installation — Installing equipment, motors and, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Troubleshooting — determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Operation Monitoring — watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Voltage or current meters — Alternating current AC line splitters; Electrical current meters; Heating ventilation and air-conditioning/refrigeration HVAC/R clamp meters; Voltmeters
- Repairs or services heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to improve efficiency, such as by changing filters, cleaning ducts, or non-toxic refrigerants.
- Inspects HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance as needed for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
- Repairs equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to compete the necessary installation and/or repair.
Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Makes repairs to any building fixture (walls, floor, doors, etc.)
- Removes snow and ice from building walkways and steps; may rake leaves, clean and seep litler.
- Completes building electrical work (i.e., new outlets, lights, minor repairs).
- Repair plumbing leaks of all types (air, gas, water, etc.)
- Makes improvement to building by making repairs and remodeling (i.e., painting, laying tile, etc.)
- Makes repairs to restrooms, water fountain, and other necessary utilities for the building.
- May perform repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment utilized in grounds keeping.
- May perform routine laboring and maintenance duties when grounds keeping work has been completed.
- Follow (LO/TO) all Safety procedures and Company Safety Policy.
- Complete tasks indicated on work orders, inspections and A.I.B. checklists as directed by supervisor.
- Keeps work area clean. Perform cleaning of area assigned.
- Assists in the training of new personnel.
- Provides suggestions to improve process, procedures and department in support of company goals
- Follows Company, GMP and Safety policies to ensure compliance with the HACCP program and AIB gold standard.
- Follows all food safety principles and legal requirements
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork.
- Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements.
- Participates in monthly departmental meetings.
- Reports to Plant Engineer.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred. Must have HVAC certification. Evidence of insurability; Freon handling certificate; Minimum 4 years of experience in HVAC maintenance. Successful completion continuing education toward licenser/certification in HVAC trade. 2 years of experience with Building and Grounds Maintenance preferred.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES*: *
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of HVAC and experience in electrical and plumbing
- Familiar with GMP’s and AIB standards.
- Good Communication Skills
- Good math Skill
- Able to have dependability, analytical thinking, initiative, attention to detail and dependability
- Able to work flexible hours including holidays and weekends.
- Bilingual(Spanish / English) preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.41 /hour
- Freon Handling (Required)