Our mission is to help everyone find a job and company they love. We are disrupting the talent recruitment industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
Glassdoor is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to work with a team of strong front-end, back-end, automation, and machine learning engineers. You will partner closely with developers, product managers, designers and data scientists driving technology solutions to tackle complex and interesting business problems. Our Content team is responsible for Glassdoor's market leading, User Generated Content (UGC) and the platform that drives acquiring and growing content, ensuring content quality, distributing content to all product streams across the company, and providing a rich and personalized content user experience on desktop and mobile web. Projects center around building a fast, content-rich and personalized consumer experience that drives key Glassdoor metrics. The team is part of our larger Product and Consumer Engineering organization.
You have a passion for solving complex problems and building scalable, high-performing systems. You are driven to build and deliver high quality, maintainable code in a fast-paced environment. You are interested in understanding the business and how your work aligns with the company goals. You have experience with and are deeply interested in consumer facing sites keeping the needs of consumers front and center.
Skills and Requirements
- 7+ years of software development experience on large scale, high-volume sites
- Experience leading engineering teams to include establishing best practices, crafting core architecture for a site, and mentoring junior engineers
- Proficient with open source, Java technologies like Spring Boot, Spring MVC, etc.
- Proficient in working with relational databases as well as NoSQL technologies like Redis and Cassandra
- Experience building service-oriented solutions and RESTful microservices and a strong understanding of Java multithreading, concurrency, and memory management
- Excellent coding practices including a proven understanding of design patterns and unit testing
- Experience with automated test tools and frameworks and building maintainable and efficient tests using Java-based tools such as JUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related field
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Conveniently located office in the heart of downtown San Francisco (Embarcadero)
- No gender pay gap ( https://www.glassdoor.com/about-us/glassdoor-pay-gap-audit-2019/ ); we're committed to equal pay with our annual pay gap 'checkup'
- Fully-stocked break rooms with complimentary food and drinks
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.