Performs a variety of independent activities involved in planning, organizing and conducting assigned portion(s) of research studies. Participates in the coordination of sharing information, lending assistance, and solving problems with other team members, as needed.
- Experience with the routine care, maintenance, and operation of multiple BD FACS Aria cell sorters, as well as, the BD LSR Fortessa, the BD LSR II, and the Amnis Imagestream MK II Cell Imaging Analyzer. (training will be provided on the Amnis as needed) highly preferred.*
- Collaborates with investigator and other team members in developing plans, organization, implementation and monitoring for research projects, interpretation of results, and preparation of manuscripts or reports.
- Sets-up related interviews, as appropriate.
- Participates in compilation/writing of integrated reports and preparation of presentations and manuscripts of scientific meetings and technical journals.
- Organizes and conducts assigned studies, independently, following and adhering to current experimental protocols.
- Learns, researches and recommends new experimental procedures, as necessary
- Develops forms and questionnaires and coordinates the application of research techniques, as necessary.
- Ensures work is in compliance with the currently approved protocols, with Good Clinical Research Practice (GCP), and with applicable regulatory requirement(s).
- Participates in design and writing of protocols, case report forms and informed consent forms for clinical trials.
- Performs a variety of independent activities involved in the collection, verification, analysis, documentation and interpretation of research data.
- Selects sources of information and specific data.
- Prepares correspondence to locate the specific data, as required.
- Evaluates and interprets collected data, and prepares presentations, reports and analyses describing progress, trends, and recommendations or conclusions.
4. Performs related duties, as required.
Bachelor’s Degree, required. B.S. in Biological Sciences preferred.
Minimum three (3) years Research experience, required.
2 years experience independently operating cell sorters; BD FACS Aria systems preferred.
At least 5 years experience in a flow cytometry core facility setting is preferred
Intermediate to high degree of competency with FlowJo, BD FACS Diva, as well as MS Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred
Maintains current knowledge of research study area including attending scientific/professional meetings and training courses as appropriate.
Works effectively as part of a team with good interpersonal skills.
Able to take initiative and work interdependently, meet deadlines with a sense of urgency, multitask, adjust to shifting priorities, communicate effectively, and work under defined rules and regulations.
Detail-oriented. Uses good judgment. Possesses perseverance and persistence
Flexible to work a late schedule ( to 7 PM) preferred