Are you excited about an opportunity to drive adoption of Microsoft’s newest enterprise products? Are you a strong consultant with expertise in Microsoft collaboration platforms and with a passion for delighting customers and partners? If so, Microsoft Enterprise Services is the right place for you!
Microsoft Services is looking for Consultant(s) who have a mix of advanced Microsoft technology and strategic business acumen. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions. The Consultants are key enablers for our customers. They provide the delivery of the largest, most complex, and most strategic projects for enterprise customers.
In order to be successful you will have prior experience with Cloud and Hybrid SharePoint deployments as well as experience in migrating from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, and/or SharePoint Online (On-premises and Cloud). You will also have experience delivering consulting engagements, managing customer expectations, and a command of the collaboration technologies and other components that make up the core Office 365 and SharePoint collaboration product family. The candidate must have deep technical knowledge and also possess the communication skills and organizational agility to guide customers through projects. The role requires an individual who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in expectation management.
The ideal candidate must have most or all of the following:
- A strong understanding of Microsoft SharePoint (2010/2013/2016/Office 365), Microsoft’s cloud computing technologies, IIS (certificates, hosting web sites, setup, topography)
- Deployment experience with SharePoint and Office 365 workloads
- Experience with SharePoint hybrid architectures (combined on-premises and cloud deployment)
- Experience with SharePoint Add-ins and the Cloud App Model
- Enthusiastic and excited about our collaboration technologies
- Excellent analytical, planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive successful projects
- Field consulting experience (i.e with large global Customers / Partners) on complex consulting engagements
- Credibility with senior level customer architects representing the traditional collaboration areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 5-7 years’ experience with advanced knowledge and in-depth understanding of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, 2013, 2016 (desired)
- Experience with custom workflows, Business Intelligence dashboards, Site collections, Sub sites, Master Pages, Lists, Custom Lists, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Web Parts
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET technology stack
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, PDF, XML, HTML and CSS
We are looking for experienced individuals located in the US to be a part of this exciting team.
This position will require travel to other locations throughout the Continental U.S., up to 75% as needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.